Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Nate Bottorf - FOUND

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Nate Bottorf - FOUND

Just in case he owes you something

814-558-4255

Bottorf Heavy Haul Transport

1995 Land Rover Discovery

https://www.facebook.com/bottorf.fabrication

Old 06-15-2013, 01:43 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 283 Likes on 216 Posts

Whats is the story on this guy?

Old 06-15-2013, 01:44 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 283 Likes on 216 Posts

Plse dis-regard my last post... found lots of info about him from a search using his name. Wow!!!

Old 06-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yea, he left a lot of folks short more than a few dollars, and many who got their bumpers, especially the later ones he pieced together, had very poor welds and were a mess. I did finally get my rear bumper, and it seems to be pretty good, after a few modifications and additional $$ spent with a local fabricator to get it like I wanted it, and remove the built-end skid plate that just worked like a big mud scoop off-road. It just took me forever, many hours of emails and voice mail, and many promised shipments that never happened, and a total of 9 months before I got the swing-away tire carrier to go with rear bumper that took 7 months. He did not get the correct specific options I ordered that he offered, but at the time, I felt lucky to have gotten a bumper at all. Paint was joke. Funny thing is I had tried to order a front and rear bumper, but luckily, my credit card would not hold the entire amount at the time, so since my rear was busted I went with it. Turns out to have been a good choice, because the front bumpers were more complicated to weld, and that meant poor quality. Now, as I look at that front bumper, I am glad I did not get that large monster on my D2.

Probably a case of a guy who welded up some things for friends, decided he could make a business of it, then had a great Black Friday sale, sold more than he could make and had some staffing issues. He then started telling customers what they wanted to hear rather than the facts. He shipped my bumper so many times that I could have a warehouse full if he shipped a bumper every time he said he did. Then as he got behind, he scrambled and sent poor quality products, and just began more and more promises he could not meet. Then I think he just justified it all as, "he tried", took his remaining money, or had already spent it and went to Europe I believe. From what I heard he surfaced in FL for a while, and looks like he is back home in Bradford, PA thinking the world has forgotten all about his less than ethical business practices.

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 06-15-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I cannot believe he would use his last name still. Still owes me a rear bumper. Luckily I was able to count it as a loss on my business taxes that year. What a punk. I made my own bumper and its exactly what I wanted. What goes around comes around.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Ok so I'm going to dig it back up....

Our old buddy Nate is back and living on Sherman street again in Bradford PA. Wonder if he is going to fire up the old harbor freight MIG Welder and start turning out more nightmares for the upscale land rover crowd.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any chance that we can get the PA sheriff involved and recoup at least some of our money? Or at least put a Lein against his business/home/vehicle?
He got me for a little over $1800 and I'd like to know my Options (well my legal ones at least).
Thanks
Pilsner

Old 08-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

A phone call to a local attorney or Clerk of the Court would be a start.....

However, some contractors make themselves more judgement-proof by leasing everything - so his business may not have any assets to sieze, and incorporation, LLC, etc. shields his personal assets as he was an employee of a company.

Attorney fees can zip past $1800 quickly.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

if there is any type of bankruptcy filing on his behalf, good luck. A couple of times I've been done bad, whilst a business went into bankruptcy. My name is added to a very long list of people owed, but that's all I have succeeded at.......... getting my name added to long lists that eventually get forgiven by the courts. I will take 6months off at work if i can get 1/2 of the money that these mistakes cost.
it is assknuckles of this sort, out for the quick and easy$, that make it difficult to do business with even the most honest and dependable.

Last edited by dusty1; 08-24-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Very true. And always a good reason to pay by plastic so you can use credit card company lawyers for disputes.

Quick Reply: Nate Bottorf - FOUND