Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

North America Euro Car gathering at Yellowstone, EPIC road trip 2013

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in this as long as I can make my work schedule fit. I have been to this area before and it is a lot of fun.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am still getting people singing up =) great to see all the eclectic mix of Euro cars that will hopefully be in attendance.

I am working with the West Yellowstone chamber of commerce on some special events activities while we are there. I also have a call into the National Park Service to see about arranging a special photo shoot inside the park. Navigating the red tape at the moment but hopeful i can pull it off.

Remember to email friends and contact your local Euro car clubs to let them know about this event. For a forum / underground created event, it is growing rather nicely. =)

Old 12-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Rock Crawling

Hey, any updates here we need to know about?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Rock Crawling

Looks like the world did not end on the 21st as predicted.

The event is still on and a email with hotel information and additional details has been sent to all those who filled out the Google doc. If you want the info and are planning on attending, please fill out the google doc and I will send you the info.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...eW9RcFlhQUE6MQ

Have a safe new years.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Rock Crawling

I wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy New Year. Look forward to seeing some of you in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Hopefully we will have a great event.

or those who have filled out the Google doc, you should have gotten an email with the hotels rates. Additionally there is a link to a website to order the stack decals for your car. If you did not get this email please let me know.

A few people have already ordered the decals so there are a few numbers less to pick from. I realized I never said you get to pick your car number if you order the decals.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Rock Crawling

Just a FYI, For those who signed up on the Google form, I sent a email a while back with a webpage on how to order decals. I have updated the page with a desired car number field. No Promises yo will get that number so please have a few choices. You can do all numbers ( 00-99 ) or letter and number ( A0 )

Please email VS PM as I am not on some of these forums very often. norcal.drivers@gmail.com

Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Rock Crawling

A reminder to those who have received the hotel info to call in sooner than later. We have currently 77 cars signed up. Not to shabby.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Rock Crawling

What kind of cars can we expect to see there? I'm a huge fan of just about anything European.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Rock Crawling

I sent an email to those who sided up with details on some rental car options. If you did not get this email please check spam as I used the Mail Chimp service to make the email pretty and easier for me to send the details of the event.

As this is a Euro car road trip I looked into what Euro cars were available. I was able to get rates on some BMW’s and Mercedes for those who want to do the trip but not in their car. The cost is about $100 a day which normally is between $125-$165.

I was also able to get leads on a few Porsche's for rent but you would have to go to LA and drive with the people coming from there. For the whole week would be about $2400.

There are some Mercedes SUV’s I was able to have for rent in Salt Lake for those who want to fly and meet us on the way.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Rock Crawling

Just a update to remember to reserve your room if you are thinking of going. You can always cancel 72 hours before check in. So if you plan on going make sure to at least hold your room. Details on room rates were mailed to those that signed up on the Google doc.

Quick Reply: North America Euro Car gathering at Yellowstone, EPIC road trip 2013