Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Possibly a downward spiral .......... who knows

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Possibly a downward spiral .......... who knows

History Tells Us What Will Happen Next With Brexit And Trump | The Huffington Post

Not that I'm a prophet of doom or conversely a happy bubbly type but many seem to set some store in Darwinian type history, but not me anyway, I prefer facts and figures. Anyway, WTF is this Trump (ton) guy anyways, he has monopolised the TV even in the UK and appears the second worst and most unpopular candidate ever, even second to H Clinton Mind you, we have T May and the three appointed clowns to contend with so I can't shout too loud.

Beware of the limey Nigel Farage who's presently cosying up to Trump, he is more dangerous than Trump, in fact, he's nuts and toxic, he could start WW3 given half a chance.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 11-12-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:27 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Everyone has an opinion of President Trump, many are bias and negative. Im just glad the elections are over with and an end to all those repetitive "Im with her" (Hillary Clinton ads) commericals. He is hell bent on strengthening US boarders and deporting "illegal" immigrants who crossed the US boader without going through proper procedures (fees, paperwork, background check, interviews, visa's, medical examinations, sponsorships, etc); the people who oppose him say hes racist and they demand open boarders and sanctuary cities where illegal immigrants and refugees are exempt from federal laws etc.

Here is his "100 day plan":

* FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

* SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

* THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

* FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

* FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

* SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

* FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

* SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

* THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

* FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

* FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

* SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

* SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

* FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

* SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

* THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

* FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

* FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.
End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.
American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.
School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.
Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.
Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.
End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.
Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.
Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values
Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.
On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.

This is my pledge to you.

And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.

Trump's First 100 Days: Here Is What The President-Elect Wants To Do : NPR

Old 11-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

"... I’m wishing Donald Trump luck, I’m going to give him a chance. And we, the historically disenfranchised, demand that he give us one too.” - Dave Chappelle

Old 11-14-2016, 05:47 AM
Baja

Hi TRIAR11, Trumps good 'intentions' appear pretty extensive, some even might start WW3 (nukes), when will he 'slot' in all of this and WW3. It's like T May and her 'verbal' intentions, I watch these spaces with interest but won't hold my breath.

Interesting the NAFTA withdrawal, Farage and T May were looking to 'join' for access to the north American trade deals, bang goes their theory on that one.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:25 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Hi TRIAR11, Trumps good 'intentions' appear pretty extensive, some even might start WW3 (nukes)

World War 3 not likely. Building a wall between US and Mexico will anger many people but Mexico as a nation is in no position to engage in military conflict with the US. Mexico has been struggling for years to get its crap together and have been plagued by crime, curruption, drug smuggling and lack of growth on a massive scale. Mafa style famies supposedly have power over law enforcement and over politicians on the highest level. Crime has sored and the people have lost trust in their government. In 2014 Mexico was rated as one of the most corrupt nations in the world.

Three Causes Behind Mexico's Crisis of Corruption and Impunity | The Huffington Post

https://www.google.com/amp/www.forbe...android-om-lge

US/Russian relations on the other hand could very well result in a full out World War. US and NATO forces have been building up military forces throughout eastern Europe, installing missile systems capable of reaching Moscow, send naval fleets to the Mediterranean etc. Russia is pumping up its defenses, installing counter missle systems throughout Russian territories and strengthening ties with China and Syria. Worth mentioning that Russian, China and the US just so happen to own the largest stockpile of active nuclear warheads... No good can come out of a World War. The US chiefs of staff, former President Obama and Presedentoal candidate Hillary Clinton all support further military action and pressure aginst Russian and Syria.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pbs.o...since-cold-war

US defense budget for 2015 was $598.5 billion.
Russian defense budget for 2016 is $66.4 billion
China's 2016 defense budget is $215 billion
Saudi Arabia defense budget for 2016 is 87.2 billion
Great Britain's defense budget for 2016 is ????

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita.../mo-budget.htm

Russian leader Vladimir Putin made this announcement following US President Trump's victory as the 45th President:

Seems to be a friendly invitation for peace and friendship by the Russian leader. No country, no government, no people will benefit from a nuclear warhead exchange between the big 3 super powers. Those not fortunate enough to be wiped out instantly and painlessly in the red zone near ground zero will surely suffer a prolonged painful death following the aftermath of a full out nuclear exchange. Nuclear weapons are not racist or sexist or homophobic. Nuclear weapons dont care if your an illegal immigrant or legal citizen. Nuclear weapons do not discriminate their targets. Nuclear weapons kill indiscriminately. So I hope the US, her European allies, Russia, Syria and China can formulate a peaceful agreement that makes everyone heppy and safe. I really dont want to experience a nuclear wold war. Trump has expressed interest in peace talks with Russia so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:12 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

I try to avoid commenting on politics anywhere in the cloud, but I will comment on the commenters.

Offroad, thanks for the warning on Farage. He is someone who bears some study, along with Boris Johnson. I pay attention to the news in a very big way and while I know who he is and that he is a bit of a firebrand who is having to eat **** over his Trump comments right now, he is not someone who gets much discussion in the United States. That's a good research project for my spare time today.

TRIARII you are some sort of savant fisherman! I am constantly amazed at your attention to detail and, um, detailed postings. I have a feeling that if I knew you I would start emulating you in very short order. Your grasp of the global theater bests most people I know, which includes a lot who have doctoral degrees.

But, breaking my rule, I think Putín is a desperately intelligent and cunning leader, and I view everything he says and does through a skeptical lens, keeping in mind his KGB/FSB background and yen for the old influence of the old Soviet Union. Also, the general potential for personal accomplishment in Russia is essentially nil for normal people, and his forays into Crimea and Syria could easily be interpreted as activities to direct popular attention away from the Russian economy while giving Russians something to cheer about. Syria, in particular, strikes me as Putin taking advantage of Obama's lack of resolve. This makes me wonder how else he might direct the attention of his population in the future, and wary of his overtures to our president elect.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:17 AM
Baja

I tend to agree Charlie_V, apart from there's a lot of posturing and 'sabre rattling' at the moment. I think, IMO, there will be a nuke exchange sometime but a long way hence. As for Putin, given his intellect and expansionist ideas and approaches I believe he's 'angling' for a permanency in Syria. I agree that TRIAR's knowledge appears second to none on many subjects. I think I can fill in the final line of his defense expenditure for everyone and him as it appears to be .................. zilch given the confusion now overtaking the UK government

US defense budget for 2015 was $598.5 billion.
Russian defense budget for 2016 is $66.4 billion
China's 2016 defense budget is $215 billion
Saudi Arabia defense budget for 2016 is 87.2 billion
Great Britain's defense budget for 2016 is ZILCH, ZIP .......... they'll let you know, hmmm, ............................one day

I'm ashamed to admit I'm British seeing the **** up's at present and now the leaked e-mail saying they truly DON'T have any plan for Brexit so what have these clowns been doing for six months, talking and posturing as usual.

What I will say is 'talk is cheap and actions speak loudest' so we'll have to wait and see what Trump, May, the EU, Putin et al deliver as I suspect something a lot less than they talk about in the media.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:46 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

I read as much as possible this morning on Farage. I don't quite understand why loose lugnuts were such a big issue in Paris but my initial read is that he is a populist (maybe the British use a different word) who is not excited about the May government (and that feeling is mutual) and the abject failure to implement, or even plan, Brexit. I haven't gotten to anything that causes me to be leery of him. Anyway, I will keep reading as time permits.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:56 PM
Winching
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
"... I’m wishing Donald Trump luck, I’m going to give him a chance. And we, the historically disenfranchised, demand that he give us one too.” - Dave Chappelle

Amen. I personally don't represent one of those 7% of Democratic coastal communities in Fl / Ca so uhm, I've gotta say that it's tough for me to argue anything against him, he represents a huge (obviously) demographic which has been almost entirely abandoned by prior and competing candidates. More power to him.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:29 AM
Baja

I wish I could say I'll give the UK government and Brexiteers a chance but what a bunch of 'twits' (substitute one letter) but I'm afraid the Brexit fiasco goes from bad to worse on a daily basis. It's now very, very shaky with the present 'discovery' by one of the Supreme Court judges, it'll probably never happen now

Quick Reply: Possibly a downward spiral .......... who knows