Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

public execution of land rover defender

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics, S. Buzz. Maybe those pics illustrate what potential future (or past?) Defender owners look like, using the vivid imagination in the minds of the politicians, lobbyists, and/or legislators who wrote the law? Haha .

Some LR Defender owner(s) really made a lasting impression. I wonder if it was the British owners' influence, or the American owners up until 1997? They must've been a very dangerous crowd. LOL.

Regarding your Halloween comment, I must be a dreamer. I'm counting on both halves of the next generation of trick or treaters to work hard for their candy. That's what I taught mine, the American way...

Old 08-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

If those vile vehicles became widespread in the US, more people would fall under the intoxicating glow of the green oval. Rampant tool purchases, oil changing, RAVE reading, where would it all end?

Old 08-21-2013, 10:16 PM
Mudding

Haha. I guess the LR Green Oval would spread like The Blob and smother all other auto manufacturers/models in the U.S. The Defender would just consume all the market share in its path. LOL. Sounds like an old movie...

Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Then there is the impact these vehicles have on the women, making them give up retail therapy in favor of a mud-based economy.

Attached Thumbnails public execution of land rover defender-2_defender_girls_stuck_in_mud_013.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

You go girls! Don't let the men have all the fun.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Mudding

Idk, just my opinion, but complete posers . Not having fun and not in mud by making a wrong turn. Real women would've never worn white shirts if mud was anywhere near in the future. Plus, the first thing I'd reach for is plastic/rubber work gloves (always in the truck) to protect my hands from cuts. The watches and any accessories would be removed immediately before exiting truck (always have ziploc bags in my truck, even for my Iphone when caught stranded outside in heavy rain), especially sunglasses ...on head? C'mon. One real bend, and sunglasses are gone in mud . I've had to use goggles to see clearly under water to retrieve expensive sunglasses for silly women who just had to wear them on boats, but sunglasses in the mud? Who's gonna dive to find them? And, the hair...c'mon. The first thing any woman with long hair does before working on her truck is pull up her hair in a scrunchie or butterfly clip. No one knows what's in that mud, and no woman wants whatever it is in her hair. Everywhere else on the body is fair game to get dirty and muddy doing work, but not long hair. But, what do I know? I can't say that I've ever been stuck alone in the mud to fend for myself. I've been told by my friends in south Jersey that's because they drive Jeeps. I guess I'm damned lucky... sometimes . If I owned a Jeep, I'd have no trouble getting local help to repair it.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Makes my point, Defenders are too dangerous for the American shores, would cause people to ignore reason and behave in less than responsible fashion. This threat to our way of life must be kept a good ocean away.

Then there is that whole pink camo stuff....

And the real possibility of a vehicle malfunction:

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 08-22-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Mudding

Maybe pink was really high-quality paint, on sale due to excess inventory, so it would've been a waste not to use it? Haha. But, spare tire cover is unique... wood/wood-look cover for rim? And, no protective cover for the rubber tire? Not very functional .

I can't even look at the flames photo. Hope it's just very good graphics .

Old 08-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

Nope... oil lines are too close to manifold, they make stainless replacements.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Mudding

Wow. That's a tough one . I hope the manufacturer informed owners and got SS replacements installed. I guess the Defender does have some "issues" to iron out...no pun intended re: heat. I read something about using a thermo-wrap or heat sleeve for the oil lines. But, I hope in later models the MechE's moved the oil lines further away from the exhaust manifold. You'd think that type of failure would be detected in the manufacturer's factory or quality control lab, not in consumer trials. But, what do I know?

Quick Reply: public execution of land rover defender