Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Question: Is sex Work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question: Is sex Work?

Question: Is sex Work?

A U.S.Marine Colonel was about to start the morning briefing to his staff. While waiting for the coffee machine to finish brewing, the colonel decided to pose a question to all assembled. He explaine that his wife had been a bit frisky the night before and he failed to
get his usual amount of sound sleep. He posed the question of just how much of sex was "work" and how much of it was "pleasure?"

A Major chimed in with 75%-25% in favor of work.

A Captain said it was 50%-50%.

A lieutenant responded with 25%-75% in favor of pleasure, depending upon
his state of inebriation at the time.

There being no consensus, the colonel turned to the PFC who was in charge of making the coffee and asked for HIS opinion?

Without any hesitation, the young PFC responded, "Sir, it has to be 100%
pleasure.

The colonel was surprised and as you might guess, asked why?

"Well, sir, if there was any work involved, the officers would have me doing it for them."

The room fell silent.

God Bless the enlisted man.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Wow.. and here I thought some of my thread titles were a little 'out there'

Well let's analyze this, shall we? In physics, a force is said to do work when it acts on a body, and there is a displacement of the point of application in the direction of the force.

Work is closely related to energy. The law of conservation of energy states that the change in total internal energy of a system equals the added heat, minus the work performed by the system (see the first law of thermodynamics),
where the symbol indicates that heat (Q) and work (W) are inexact differentials.

From Newton's second law, it can be shown that work on a free (no fields), rigid (no internal degrees of freedom) body, is equal to the change in kinetic energy of the velocity and rotation of that body,
The work of forces generated by a potential function is known as potential energy and the forces are said to be conservative. Therefore work on an object that is merely displaced in a conservative force field, without change in velocity or rotation, is equal to minus the change of potential energy of the object,
These formulas demonstrate that work is the energy associated with the action of a force, so work subsequently possesses the physical dimensions, and units, of energy. The work/energy principles discussed here are identical to Electric work/energy principles.

So yes.. to answer the question in other terms, Sex is work for men, maybe not so much for women

Old 07-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Thumbs up

Love the math Landlover_1. It's my world of physics +math. I underestimated you .......... no not 'out there' just focused. excellent

If you need to quote anyone being completely 'off the wall' look no further ..............

Old 07-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Love the math Landlover_1. It's my world of physics +math. I underestimated you .......... no not 'out there' just focused. excellent

If you need to quote anyone being completely 'off the wall' look no further ..............
Why thank you Offroad.. I find that I like to be underestimated - no one expects anything of me and then I can surprise them when I want...

Old 07-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

Look at it this way...
forward motion x inches... back motion same amount which is no gain can't be work if you don't get anywhere... (insert the correct measurement for x)

Old 07-27-2014, 09:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by jimvw57
Look at it this way...
forward motion x inches... back motion same amount which is no gain can't be work if you don't get anywhere... (insert the correct measurement for x)
Oh I so want to say something.. lol..

Old 07-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Glad I took a look I almost deleted this thread as spam

Thanks for the laugh

Old 08-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
Glad I took a look I almost deleted this thread as spam

Thanks for the laugh
Nah AR, don't delete it .................. it's quite amusing and almost enlightening. As for sex, depends whose doing all the work and the grunting