Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Senior Member?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013 | 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Some sites let you customize your title. That option must be turned off here. I think at LRO and dweb you can.

Old 01-14-2013 | 04:43 PM
|
Winching

I like this place, I am also on lro but I haven't been active there, I said active lol

Old 01-14-2013 | 06:49 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by AdrenalinPlease
I like this place, I am also on lro but I haven't been active there, I said active lol
I agree, I can't stand the page load delays over at LRO so I'm rarely there. Dweb is fun, but it's overwhelming in long stretches...like going to Chuck E Cheese for a kid's party (semi-controlled chaos) . I still have yet to find a forum home for my disco like I did with my old MkIV golf (vwvortex) and Subie (nasioc). I had zero luck finding one with my bimmer, so gave up on it.

Wow, I just logged back in at those sites and got hit by a wave of nostalgia.

Anyway, yeah...100 posts for senior membership seems generous. But I also agree...quality of posting vs quantity. Unfortunately this probably falls into the latter...

Old 01-14-2013 | 07:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by keoni004
I agree, I can't stand the page load delays over at LRO so I'm rarely there. Dweb is fun, but it's overwhelming in long stretches...like going to Chuck E Cheese for a kid's party (semi-controlled chaos) . I still have yet to find a forum home for my disco like I did with my old MkIV golf (vwvortex) and Subie (nasioc). I had zero luck finding one with my bimmer, so gave up on it.

Wow, I just logged back in at those sites and got hit by a wave of nostalgia.

Anyway, yeah...100 posts for senior membership seems generous. But I also agree...quality of posting vs quantity. Unfortunately this probably falls into the latter...
I'm going to expand on this. I think this website is too generic for such a unique vehicle we all love. I feel like for my needs I'd rather read to-the-point facts with very little rebuttal opposed to a site with all this array of methods. As a novice, reading through threads full of "fluff" I guess you could say is very annoying and ends up you doubting the job more than when you began searching how-to do the job. Bad websites are just the same Rover problems evolving and being beat to death in a long pattern.

I prefer websites without ads (of which are proudly funded by appreciative users) and I feel like information is more factual and defined, leaving room for joking around and actually wheeling the trucks how they're supposed to be wheeled; everyone has similar wants out of their truck in a great website.

Old 01-14-2013 | 09:50 PM
|
Winching

Hijacking my title thread? Ok fine you both make good points.

Old 01-15-2013 | 12:38 PM
|
Winching

Sooooooooooo,

title?

Old 01-15-2013 | 03:30 PM
Rock Crawling

Got your AARRP card yet?

Old 01-15-2013 | 06:01 PM
|
Winching

Negative.

Old 01-15-2013 | 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Call DiscoMike he has the hook up on AARP cards

Old 01-16-2013 | 07:28 AM
|
Winching

haha, I dont say nothing

I call on Disco Mike()*^(*^&%^$#%!@%@# <those are humming noises that I made as I was typing....I can haz new title?

Quick Reply: Senior Member?