Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Somebody stealed my post!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not watermark your photo if you are so worried about it being used by someone else? at least then they know its yours

Old 08-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Just for the record since I'm in this business; the moment you create something original, like a photograph, it is the creators exclusive, protected intellectual property, protected by U.S. Copyright Law and international copyright conventions. No one should assume that because a piece of intellectual property, like a photograph, is free for the taking just because you're not prevented from taking it. Verbal agreements transferring license or ownership of copyright are not valid. There are two levels of copyright protection. Unregistered copyright is what exists the moment you create something. Unregistered copyright will hold up in court and the owner will collect damages if they choose to pursue. Registered copyrights are acquired when a creator registers their ownership with the U.S. Copyright Office. An owner of a registered copyright will collect damages and legal fees. The distinction is that the violator will pay damages, their own legal fees for defense and the legal fees of the copyright owner. So, if you see a photo on the internet that you like, don't take it. It doesn't belong to you. Carry on.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hey, this is getting a bit heavy eh ................... sounds like France ............... you're not allowed to take photos of the thieves here who have burgled your house because of privacy laws .............. I believe we are talking about a photo of some puddle lights in doors on an LR, well most Merc's and BMW's have them so not exactly an unheard of patented invention. You can buy LED's from China for a couple of $$$ a pair and hook them up to the door light switch ........... good and useful but I spend more time on serious maintenance. Puddle lights are low on my agenda for when all else is done and dusted. ...................... it's not really worth all the stress arguing who stole what

Old 08-27-2014, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

well, if anyone wants any of my photos (except the nudie pic, where I am harassing the monkeys, at the zoo) you may use them for whatever purpose, you want.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I have no dog in this fight. I am just your humble reporter.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

ok.......what if i take a photo of a photo.....now is it mine?

Old 08-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by dusty1
well, if anyone wants any of my photos (except the nudie pic, where I am harassing the monkeys, at the zoo) you may use them for whatever purpose, you want.

Thank you Dusty - I have been admiring you for a loooong time lol...

Old 08-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by dusty1
hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!
well you know the saying.. 'Imitation is the highest form of flattery' but don't worry - I won't 'stealed' your identity for long

Old 08-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not good form to take another persons photo of something and use it for your own purposes without giving some kind of credit. I think LRScot has a valid point. Take your own dang pictures of your little light bulb thingy..... or else say.... "here is a picture of those light bulb thingy's taken by LRScot" but match exactly what I am talking about here....blah blah blah blah blah......

Quick Reply: Somebody stealed my post!