Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Texting

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2013 | 09:08 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by fishEH
Tom's point is whether she stopped suddenly due to inattention due to texting or because a bunny rabbit darted in front of her, it doesn't matter.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by slabrat
Originally Posted by antichrist
Yes, she shouldn't have been texting....
Are you defending her texting while driving?
ummm...not a good response when you've told us you just rearended someone.

Last edited by antichrist; 12-13-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-14-2013 | 04:48 PM
|
Rock Crawling

So if she wasnt texting no kid no bunny just stopping in the middle of an intersection is ok after taking off .

Got it ~~~~~~

Old 12-14-2013 | 08:23 PM
Baja

So she stopped in the middle of the intersection to send a text?
You know this how?

Regardless, if you rear end someone it's pretty much means you were too close for the speed you were traveling, or else not paying attention. Things the driver in front has no control over. Unless, of course, they pull in front of you and slam on their brakes.

Old 12-15-2013 | 07:55 AM
|
Rock Crawling

she was texting the whole time i was behind her. she looked up to see the car turning right scared her slammed on brakes. light was green on our side right turn on red almost all the way turned in. i glanced left about the time she slammed on brakes. probably could have happened to anyone.
My whole purpose for this thread was to express people not text while driving. I personally know of 4 people dead because of texting or phone surfing " while driving. It causes bad things to happen. whether it was legally my fault or not.
I look at it like a dui if your doing it no matter the circumstance you are at least partially responsible if not the fault.
I'm done here

Last edited by slabrat; 12-15-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-15-2013 | 08:32 AM

Unfortunately, texting and phoning whilst driving is one of my pet hates. It's as bad as being drunk and incapable whilst driving. It happens all the time in the UK and Europe. The problem is there are too few police around and the fines and penalties when caught are inadequate. If the penalties were serious, say, $1000 fine and a year motoring ban on the first offence and then $5000 fine and a 5 year ban on the second offence maybe, just maybe these knucklehead offenders might sit up and take notice. Unfortunately it'll never happen because motorists have human rights LOL - 'yeah right', and they are a tax 'cash cow' whilst driving and working. If they can't drive and they cannot get to work and pay IR taxes and they don't buy gas and pay tax on that. It's the fault of the politicians and judiciary. Some people have been killed by these irresponsible drivers but nothing serious happens to them. Yep, I feel very sorry you were caught out and rear ended her but like most places in the 'civilised' world you were at fault for not concentrating or anticipating her stopping. Had she rear ended you, now that will have been a different story and ending.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 12-15-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2013 | 12:17 PM
Baja

Exactly. No one here is an aplogist for people who text while driving.

The OP is paying for his stupidity and inattention. Just like I did In '93 when I rear ended someone at a toll booth when she pulled ahead then stopped, after paying. It sucked, but it was my fault I hit her.

Last edited by antichrist; 12-20-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 12-20-2013 | 01:31 AM
3rd Gear

If you text and drive, you’re 23 times more likely to have a car crash.Texting while driving has become the number one driving distraction for many people.