Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Are these DII parts worth anything?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011 | 11:05 PM
|
TReK
Default Are these DII parts worth anything?

Not sure if these are worth anything, but thought I'd check. Had to remove the crush cans and crossbar to install a winch tray, the springs were replaced with OME's.

DII Crush cans
Name:  DSC_0207-3.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  65.3 KB

DII Cross bar
Name:  DSC_0209-3.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  96.5 KB

DII Springs (with ~120K)

Old 11-29-2011 | 05:56 AM

no. the crush cans and cross bar i sold for scrap and the springs i traded to a parts guy for some credit toward a purchase

Old 11-29-2011 | 06:42 AM
Administrator

Not really, the springs are warn out and most people have the same parts left over after installing a new bumper.

Old 11-29-2011 | 09:03 AM

the only reason the springs are good is to keep a vehicle mobile if a parts guy pulls a lift out of a truck being parted out.

Old 11-29-2011 | 11:30 AM
|
TReK

Kind of figured as much, thanks guys.

Old 11-29-2011 | 09:58 PM
Pro Wrench

I would almost make an offer on the cross bar, as mine has a large rust hole in in (only thing rusted on the vehicle) but I don't think it is that crucial a piece.

Old 11-30-2011 | 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
I would almost make an offer on the cross bar, as mine has a large rust hole in in (only thing rusted on the vehicle) but I don't think it is that crucial a piece.
i think i have mine sitting int he garage waiting for the dump next friday. its been there since i bought the truck. useless ****e

Old 11-30-2011 | 10:35 AM
|
TReK

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
If you really want it, and don't mind paying the shipping I'll send it to you. I even repainted it

Old 11-30-2011 | 04:32 PM
Pro Wrench

I removed mine when I put her front brush guard on, but then I sandblasted it, primed and repainted it. Yes I put it back on. If it didnt need to be there why would Rover put it there? To waste money? IMO Rover did EVERYTHING to their vehicles for a reason.

I was asked why are the floors are slanted. So the water can run out...

Same with the slots cut in the pockets on the doors...

Why are the door gaps larger then normal? So when the Rover flexes it doesnt scratch the paint.

There are supports all the way down the frame so it makes sense to have one in the front...perhaps on side front impacts that bar keeps the frame rails somewhat apart.

It's your vehicles so obviously you do what you want...but I like to keep it as factory and correct as possible...

Old 11-30-2011 | 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by shanechevelle
I removed mine when I put her front brush guard on, but then I sandblasted it, primed and repainted it. Yes I put it back on. If it didnt need to be there why would Rover put it there? To waste money? IMO Rover did EVERYTHING to their vehicles for a reason.

I was asked why are the floors are slanted. So the water can run out...

Same with the slots cut in the pockets on the doors...

Why are the door gaps larger then normal? So when the Rover flexes it doesnt scratch the paint.

There are supports all the way down the frame so it makes sense to have one in the front...perhaps on side front impacts that bar keeps the frame rails somewhat apart.

It's your vehicles so obviously you do what you want...but I like to keep it as factory and correct as possible...
yeah they did everything for a reason. some of the reasons i need to undo them so i can take my damn good off road vehicle to a perfect off road vehicle.... like cut the sways out. and remove plastic bits and bobs.

Quick Reply: Are these DII parts worth anything?