Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Time to say goodbye to all my Rover friends

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Extremely capable and the aftermarket support for upgrades is growing.

Also Daily drive reliable

Old 07-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

What happened to the idea of fixing up an old jalopy pick-up truck and putting a sleeping quarters on it? Remember the 'pillow' I got you for Christmas?

and here I thought you were working on THIS ^ special project...

Going to miss you, I cannot tell a lie. Who else is going to chase down Rovers on the street while they drive home

All the best to you and whatever project you may be tackling next

Christina

Old 07-17-2019, 08:44 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
What happened to the idea of fixing up an old jalopy pick-up truck and putting a sleeping quarters on it? Remember the 'pillow' I got you for Christmas?

and here I thought you were working on THIS ^ special project...

Going to miss you, I cannot tell a lie. Who else is going to chase down Rovers on the street while they drive home

All the best to you and whatever project you may be tackling next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rblYSKz_VnI

Christina

Wow! Good memory! Yeah the truck thing hasn't happened yet... however...I do have a special secret camper project I own.

SHAME!!

The following users liked this post:
KernowDiscovery (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 09:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Well now.....I don't know why, but when I see vans like that a bag of candy and a man in Maine comes to mind I'm sure it will be a fun project, although it looks like you've got the camping set-up solid with the Nissan.

As for the memory...women and elephants never forget

Old 07-18-2019, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,248 Likes on 1,667 Posts

After all my Gen 1 Montero's when I was younger I saw my first Gen 1 Xterra, and just had to have one as the D1's at the time were still out of my price range. I grabbed a fully loaded 01 Black 4x4 Xterra SE and it honestly was my one and only LEMON. It's HVAC died two weeks after buying it, they didn't remember me when I brought it back into the dealership and somehow they still were going to charge me nearly 500.00 to fix the HVAC as they said what happened was NOT covered under warranty (many years later I got a Nissan letter in the mail telling me of the known issue and if I had proof it was replaced aka a receipt I'd get my $$$ back, but I had left that in the owners manual). I also fought constant coolant loss issues that I went back time and time again for and whenever I mentioned 3rd time on the same issue = a LEMON they claimed it was a totally different issue each time. It got stuck in the parking lot at Hidden Falls near Austin, TX and that was the last straw for me. I took a 10K loss on that thing and got myself a used 97 D1 and the issues stopped.

I have honestly been curious with the 05 and up models. They slapped in the 4.0L V6 vs that crappy 3.3L, 4 wheel disc vs rear drum brakes, and just a lot of refinements. Then just when they had a great SUV with a lot of the bugs long gone they just up and stopped making them in 2014.....

Congrats on the Xterra, and I'm glad you got yourself a good one! I loved how mine looked, and I liked the dash and interior layout (however the rear seat dumping was a joke as you had to remove the entire lower seat cushion to lower the top part....). They just treated me horrible at Nissan in 01, 02, and 03. Once I saw how LR treated me I never looked back. I see Gen 1 Xterra's in the junk yard all the time now and I constantly find myself looking at black ones to see if it was mine. I'm pretty sure with the way it treated me it's long gone and up in Heaven for sure now.

Sad about the LR parts, I would have taken them off your hands, but shipping would have probably required a POD lol. I saw the for sale thread and was going to PM you on the GEMS upper intake (Plenum), but I got beat to it lol. Take care & don't be a stranger!!

Old 07-19-2019, 08:17 PM
Pro Wrench

Guy bailed on it. It's yours if you want it

Old 07-20-2019, 07:35 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

I don't know what to say....... kind of odd that it has to be so final.

Old 07-20-2019, 10:47 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by ihscouts
I don't know what to say....... kind of odd that it has to be so final.

I dunno ...I felt weird being here w out a Rover

Old 07-21-2019, 07:22 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Not! You’ve accumulated enough experience, you don’t need one, pain teaches well.. Nobody cares anyways, I drive a Jeep for Gods sake. Army drove the nail square with “community”. This site helps those with little experience in Rovers, beyond that we’re all of the same tribe. We like what we like and strive to make better whatever better is to us. Let it soak before you pull the plug.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:47 AM
Pro Wrench

Ain't you sweet!!! I forgot about your dirty Jeep habit. A D1 or D2 with a proper heart transplant is probably in the future. Or a LR3. Every time I see one I get all giddy. Never has a Nissan inspired such emotion

Quick Reply: Time to say goodbye to all my Rover friends