Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Weird Rover Dreams....

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015 | 07:15 PM
|
Recovery Vehicle
Default Weird Rover Dreams....

Does anyone else dream about their Rover? I had a dream last night that I got in, turned her on and the steering wheel was smoking.....

Either I'm reading way too many forum posts or I have deep seated Rover issues

Analysis please.

Old 09-30-2015 | 08:31 AM
Rock Crawling

Dr. Mac here. You obviously are having some directional concerns but are overpowering them with your conscious mind. This is creating a tension and conflict between where you are steering your lifes direction and where your spirit is trying to get you to go.

That will be $100

Old 09-30-2015 | 01:06 PM
|
Recovery Vehicle

Hmmm… do you think that’s it Dr. Mac? I meant it in a literal sense.. that my steering wheel was actually hot and on fire, and I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t touch it, I couldn’t drive it, I could only sit there and watch it smolder…

helpless I was.

I suppose it could have something to do with a chandelier I plugged in the same night that had 45 years of dust sitting on the bulbs and it smelled hot... I had to unplug it straight away in case it actually did start a fire….tssssss, it was kind of shaped like a steering wheel.

But that wouldn’t explain my ‘nocturnal’ fascination with steering wheels and why, last night, I dreamt that I was traveling over a looooooong bridge (over water mind you), driving in the right lane and veering toward the railing, only to meander back to the left side of the lane and then rinsing and repeating all over again. In the end I picked up a passerby and he led me to safety. Yes.. in my dream there was someone walking across the bridge and he led me to safety.

Did I ever tell you that I hate bridges?...

Or perhaps it’s merely my intuition telling me that something is amiss with my Rover and that the literal slack in steering makes me feel like I’m going to lose control.

I’m very confused.

Do you mind me asking what your credentials are? Are you certified to take on a Rover basket case such as myself? I don’t know… $100 an hour.. this could become an expensive habit and would I ever be truly ‘cured’?..

Last edited by landlover_1; 09-30-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2015 | 02:12 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by landlover_1
I don’t know… $100 an hour.. this could become an expensive habit and would I ever be truly ‘cured’?..[/FONT][/COLOR]
An hour ?? I came up with that one in 3 min

Old 09-30-2015 | 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by landlover_1
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]
.................................................. ...Do you mind me asking what your credentials are? Are you certified to take on a Rover basket case such as myself? I don’t know… $100 an hour.. this could become an expensive habit and would I ever be truly ‘cured’?..
landlover_1, have you been snorting that white powder again or just smoking the wacky baccy

I always dream the same dream, nothing, zip, zilch that I can remember

Ironically I've stopped smoking a month or so ago and now just vaping instead, since then I've had trouble sleeping maybe I should start smoking again In all honesty, if anyone wants to quit the dreaded tobacco I can recommend vaping as an alternative ......... it actually works. 'la nicotine et aucun goudron ou cancérogènes'.

Old 09-30-2015 | 09:18 PM
|
Recovery Vehicle

$100 for 3 minutes.. hmm.. I wouldn’t tell a lot of people that, Dr. Mac. They may start thinking you’re selling snake oil…..

….. or prematurely ‘diagnosing’

Tssssss.. $2000 an hour..

Haha.. the only white powder that I snort, Offroad, is laundry detergent and that’s inadvertently snuffed because I’m laughing too hard while scrubbing my socks thinking about particle entanglement , soft DNA and odor eaters.

You should be proud that you were able to kick the smoking habit – that’s wonderful! We all have some vice that we deal with in life and I have yet to overcome mine. Granted, a chocolate cake addiction is hard to kick but I will keep trying..

Hmmmmmm.. wonder what I'll dream tonight?..

Last edited by landlover_1; 09-30-2015 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2015 | 02:22 PM

Hi Landlover_1, my wife who considers herself fit (Zumba every week) at 59 had a blood test this week, her cholesterol was 6.0 with highish LDL's, hmmm, wake up call eh ................ she likes chocolate, biscuits and cakes