Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Welp, I too cancelled the order...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 11:44 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 442 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulLR
I have...the EV linear acceleration is fun. But something about the V8 growl and rumbling exhaust sound just appeals to me more.
Starting up the Disco, especially the 2004 with the 4.6, is especially satisfying for this very reason haha.

The following users liked this post:
PaulLR (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 11:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 235 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon318
Ethics are subjective.
but a subjective “ethic” still possess an accusatory nature in the context of your assertion.

What you consider is “ethical” or “unethical” might not be the same as what others would do, but you are still asserting a notion that you are getting an EV because you think/feel it’s ethical. Therefore, you are indicating that it would be “unethical” to get an ICEV to YOU.

It’s the “judging” nature of the act that is the issue, not the actual content of the point that you are making.

Consider the following example.

after looking at the defender and another vehicle, i decided to get the defender because the design attributes of the other vehicles are not working for me. (Subjective taste and preference without judgement of the others who choose to get the other vehicle)

after looking at the defender and another vehicle, i decided to get the defender because i find it to be very unsophisticated and ostentatious to be driving the other vehicle. (Subjective taste and preference with judgement of the others who choose to get the other vehicle even though the others do not feel/think the same way)

Last edited by sacharama; 08-24-2021 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-24-2021, 12:01 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by sacharama
but a subjective “ethic” still possess an accusatory nature in the context of your assertion.

What you consider is “ethical” or “unethical” might not be the same as what others would do, but you are still asserting a notion that you are getting an EV because you think/feel it’s ethical. Therefore, you are indicating that it would be “unethical” to get an ICEV to YOU.

It’s the “judging” nature of the act that is the issue, not the actual content of the point that you are making.
Dude, this is a Defender forum. Chill out.

@ArmyRover you can delete this thread or move to off topic if it's getting too derailed or un-Defendery. haha

Last edited by Brandon318; 08-24-2021 at 12:03 PM.
GavinC (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 12:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 235 Likes on 110 Posts

Dude, this is a Defender forum. Chill out.

i am totally chilled. Just because someone likes to exercise intellectual honesty and engage in analysis of any notion does not mean such person is not chilled. That’s presumptuous.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:10 PM
Winching
Received 246 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by sacharama

Consider the following example.

after looking at the defender and another vehicle, i decided to get the defender because the design attributes of the other vehicles are not working for me. (Subjective taste and preference without judgement of the others who choose to get the other vehicle)

after looking at the defender and another vehicle, i decided to get the defender because i find it to be very unsophisticated and ostentatious to be driving the other vehicle. (Subjective taste and preference with judgement of the others who choose to get the other vehicle even though the others do not feel/think the same way)
Determining ones own morality and making decisions based on their own subjective ethical principals is not something that posses an accusatory nature or is judgmental, even if that is something that goes against the popular thought.

Your two examples paint essentially the same point (they found a reason to buy a different vehicle) but you have categorized them separately to fit your narrative that one is critical of your decision (which I dont see where the OP stated others should abandon their ICE vehicles as well?).

Old 08-24-2021, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 108 Likes on 48 Posts
Old 08-24-2021, 12:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2,507 Likes on 1,018 Posts

......Chill out.
Some Defender 90 owners have their coolant systems filled to D110 specs and can't simply "chill out" as you put it. Maybe try showing some consideration for others in your whimsical use of inflammatory language.

Next perhaps you'll be suggesting folks "don't get into a flap". The already emotionally fragile 'loose A-pillar contingent' will be irreparably damaged.

Brandon318 (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 12:58 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 1,412 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by GavinC
Some Defender 90 owners have their coolant systems filled to D110 specs and can't simply "chill out" as you put it. Maybe try showing some consideration for others in your whimsical use of inflammatory language.

Next perhaps you'll be suggesting folks "don't get into a flap". The already emotionally fragile 'loose A-pillar contingent' will be irreparably damaged.
​​​​Everyone is being so Defensive.

The following 2 users liked this post by _Allegedly:
Brandon318 (08-24-2021), GavinC (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 01:05 PM
Pro Wrench

I’m ashamed. I never considered the over-filled coolant community. This was a much needed reminder.

GavinC (08-24-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 01:07 PM
Pro Wrench

Also amazing to see that even 25 years later, Land Rover still can’t get a-pillar trim right haha. I just had to replace both a-pillar trims on one of the Discos because the clips broke and came loose 😂

Quick Reply: Welp, I too cancelled the order...