Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What is this about?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have gotten two. From the looks of the message it just grabbed the users that were on at a specific time and sent it. On my second message the message was a Last Chance Message before my account would be deleted and about 5 other user ids were listed with mine.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:18 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one as well...
Dear, fesstess;tweaked;birch999;JakeVT;jaked2004!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://securitytool-2010.org/fesstes...VT;jaked2004If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP.----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration landroverforums.com.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Three Wheeling

I just got this one.

This is the message that was sent:
Dear, pnonno;smokeyrabbit;arm52;ChrisJB;reddevildemo!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://securitytool-2010.org/pnonno;...reddevildemoIf you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP.----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration landroverforums.com.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Drifting

Admin&Moderator

Warning! Next time we will have to complaint to your ISP.
Dear, slowjin;Knuckle Dragger;Bocain;paulvaca;Jeff g!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://securitytool-2010.org/slowjin;Knuckle Dragger;Bocain;paulvaca;Jeff gIf you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP.----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration landroverforums.com.

I got one from someone titled Admin&Moderator

Old 02-14-2010, 09:54 AM
2nd Gear

I got one also. I only have 1 post and haven't visited the site in months. I clicked the link like a dummy, but quickly cancelled. Man, they are getting sneaky!

Old 02-14-2010, 10:12 AM
8th Gear

I just got another one, they changed their name slightly. Now its user Admin&Moderator
Im going to close my account and make another one.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:23 AM
6th Gear

Just got one too, said it was from "junioradministrator" - I thought at first maybe someone had hijacked my acct and was posting as me, but it looks like others have been spammed by this as well:

================================================== =========
Dear, kwhitmer;Glen_S;RichK;slverfx;imagesantiago!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://securitytool-2010.org/kwhitme...magesantiagoIf you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP.----------------------------------------------------Forum Administration landroverforums.com.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I have deleted that guy, please let me know when you receive a message so I can track and get rid of him if he some how got back on the site.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I got one also today..
I just fwd. it to you D. Mike

Old 02-14-2010, 08:15 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
I have deleted that guy, please let me know when you receive a message so I can track and get rid of him if he some how got back on the site.
Couldn't you ban his IP? Shouldn't that stop him from being able to re-register, at least while he's on that IP?