Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What are you guys listening to today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 12:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Hey Offroad I am SO sorry to hear of your present troubles and I will be thinking of you this coming Tuesday as well as during your recovery. No GA, eh? Probably means you'll be spending time in the hospital with a bunch of pretty doctors and nurses? Just remember that men say funny things while coming off the influence of strange drugs haha - combine that with your sharp wit and you'll have them cracking up and fawning all over you in no time. I know that you've got this

As for the Rover...I had an epiphany this morning after having weird dreams all night. The entire night was a film strip of me asking other Rover owners 'who works on your vehicle?' (believe it or not I've actually embarrassed my husband in real life by following a Discovery II into the library parking lot to ask the driver who works on his vehicle) and getting random answers right and left. There was one distinct scene where I was sitting in a loaner car next to a sidewalk, on a very icy road. There was a woman on the sidewalk that was trying to get to a vehicle that pulled up alongside me, but the path was too icy. The two men in the car waiting for her asked me to pop my hood in order to make a dry path for her to cross. Apparently my sporty loaner didn't need an engine as there was a gaping hole showing dry pavement for her to step into and walk over to their car. Once she was safely in their vehicle, one of the guys grabbed my hand to shake it and told me that I was cold. He then said 'you typically drive a Rover, right?' and I replied that it had been a long, long time since I've driven my Rover. He could tell that I was sad and said 'hey, we have an auto place downtown, bring it by and we'll check it out for you'. I asked him what the name of the place was and he smiled a strange smile and said 'you'll know it when you see it...we're right next to the Old Butternut Bread.'

(I hope this is making you laugh...and 'no', I'm not making this up - it is really what I dreamt)

I couldn't think of anything next to the 'Old Butternut Bread' place but drove down there (apparently my Rover was driveable in my dream) and spotted a sign in a shady alley that said 'Adults Only'.

THAT, cannot be the place, I thought. What the hell kind of place is this?

I peeked my head in and sure enough there were a bunch of guys sitting around shooting the ****e, drinking coffee with 3 or 4 vehicles raised up on hoists. The place was kind of dirty - grease on the floor and the noise of an impact driver filled the air. The two guys that had spoken to me on that icy road were sitting there and jumped up when they saw me. 'Hey, you made it' one of them said. 'Let's see what you've got' the other said as he was moving over to look under the hood. The more they talked, the more I realized that they didn't have a clue about Rovers or what made them tick. I was convinced that they had never worked on one before, let along peeked under the hood. So I made up a lame excuse - 'had an appointment to get to - thanks', backed her out and left.

All I remember after that was going home, looking up a number, dialing and hearing a long lost voice answer, 'Hello?'

'Thank you for picking up' I replied.

So what is the epiphany I had this morning after dreaming all of that?... Well, I'll tell you. I laid there in bed this morning, thinking about all that I had dreamt last night, and what it really meant. As for the cold, I was probably freezing last night due to the window being left open Who knows. I think your comment about obtaining references had an impact on me but, most importantly, it made me wonder why I have such an issue with trying to work on my Rover myself and why I deleted my video on the forum after feeling like someone scolded me. I then recalled a moment when I was an intern in college, working at an engineering company in the summer. I was out in the backroads of BFE with a tech and the truck, 'Old Blue', had broken down on us. The tech suggested that we jump the vehicle and I grabbed the jumper cables. He put the positive and negative leads on the battery and I was still holding the other end. That's when the screaming started. He berated me right and left for holding onto the jumper cable ends and that I could have given myself a jolt of energy straight thru my heart and I'd be dead. I'll never forget that scream session and how it affected me. I don't deal well with yelling and every time I jump the Rover, or attempt to work on it, I wonder if I'm going to screw something up or lose a finger accidentally blah, blah, blah.

So thanks Offroad for your insightful, soul searching, epiphany making post You probably think that I need a doctor more than you do now

Last edited by KernowDiscovery; 06-02-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:52 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hi KD

I had part 1 of my op on Tuesday, 4 June. All seems OK so far. I had the op under a local into the spine, very painful! Hopefully 1 more op in a month or so and it's plain sailing afterwards (fingers crossed). Seeing the Consultant in early July for a decision on the timing.

I'm seriously worried about your 'way out' dreams, I never seem to get interesting dreams or even dreams I can remember.

Take care, best wishes

CJ

sorry it's a bit short on words as I'm still in recovery mode and my right hand is suffering still from all the injections and kit attached during the op.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Hi CJ

Glad to hear that the first part is over and you're on the mend. Hopefully part II is painless and quick and you can enjoy the summer!

Eh, don't worry about me Offroad...I've been snortin' whiskey ^ and having weird dreams No, actually I've heard that you're most likely to recall dreams if you wake at the end of a REM episode. Seeing as I typically experience REM later in the morning it makes sense that I'd remember mine. You probably experience REM episodes earlier in your sleep cycle.

Take care of yourself and don't be a stranger.

Christina

Old 06-19-2019, 11:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle

The way I feel about my Rover... check out the bus stop sign.

Old 06-25-2019, 04:11 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I listen to pretty much everything except for country, but recently I've really been getting into bands like Pepper, the LA Dub All-stars, and Passafire

Old 07-01-2019, 09:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Listening to the Brett Young concert wrap up downtown - notes carrying over the bay:

Also reading the country living mag I got for my birthday Really fun articles inside about vintage vehicles (Landrovers!!, IHS, Broncos, etc.) and of course, how to spot a Jalopy

Old 07-04-2019, 09:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Last edited by KernowDiscovery; 07-04-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Hello?.... anyone else listening to music?...

Last edited by KernowDiscovery; 07-08-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Ok, so I'll take that as a big 'N' and 'O'... haha..

I hope you're doing well Offroad - have been thinking about you a lot.

The garage e-mailed me today and asked if I was going to come pick up Bertha. Haven't been too enthused now that I can't drive her At least I can work on some parts of her so motivation still exists...a bit. I sliced my finger up pretty bad last week so waiting on that to heal before digging in. I'll do what I can do - tap dance and try to wear my crown

I'll get out of the 'off topic' section soon enough. Need to put on my big girl panties and get to work

Old 07-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle

..and who said this thread was dead

Quick Reply: What are you guys listening to today?