Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What are you guys listening to today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 11:27 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Old 08-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

tsssssss.. it's been a few months since I watched that Offroad - but yes, I liked it

Hozier again:

Old 08-13-2015, 03:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Old 08-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by landlover_1
tsssssss.. it's been a few months since I watched that Offroad - but yes, I liked it

Hozier again:

Hozier - Take Me to Church - Vevo dscvr (Live) - YouTube

So, I listened to this entire song landlover_1 but I can't figure out what it's about. Do you know ? I got a flash of girl love, a bit of catholic stuff, and the rest just seemed .....depressing. Any ideas ?

Old 08-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Senormac
So, I listened to this entire song landlover_1 but I can't figure out what it's about. Do you know ? I got a flash of girl love, a bit of catholic stuff, and the rest just seemed .....depressing. Any ideas ?

Straight from the babe's mouth:

sssssssssss...Sexuality Senor..

more Hozier:

Sweet Thing on the Naked Noise Session:

Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 AM
Rock Crawling

Straight from the babe's mouth:

Hozier Describes 'Take Me To Church' Meaning | TODAY - YouTube

sssssssssss...Sexuality Senor..
Oh, I see. Much clearer now. It's another voice in the world proclaiming that man is god and any "organization, institution or CHURCH" that places any kind of restrictions upon man, in the name of some God other than man, is wrong. The times are dark indeed.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Old 08-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Oh, I see. Much clearer now. It's another voice in the world proclaiming that man is god and any "organization, institution or CHURCH" that places any kind of restrictions upon man, in the name of some God other than man, is wrong. The times are dark indeed.
huh.. interesting take on someone else's view SM. I didn't really think about it that way but then I'm not really a black or white thinker...

I think music is a form of personal expression and much like art, people have their own opinion as to what the artist is trying to portray to the viewer and/or listener. In this particular song the artist stated that he's singing about sexuality and how the Church may inhibit many individuals from expressing their love to one another based on sexual orientation or preference and what others may think. That is his take on the song - not necessarily mine. Metaphors are widely used in music. My mind tends to wander when I listen to lyrics and the Church he refers to may not be so literal in my view.

'Take me to Church' may just be a metaphor for 'teach me something'....

Old 08-15-2015, 12:16 PM
Rock Crawling

huh.. interesting take on someone else's view SM. I didn't really think about it that way but then I'm not really a black or white thinker...

I think music is a form of personal expression and much like art, people have their own opinion as to what the artist is trying to portray to the viewer and/or listener. In this particular song the artist stated that he's singing about sexuality and how the Church may inhibit many individuals from expressing their love to one another based on sexual orientation or preference and what others may think. That is his take on the song - not necessarily mine. Metaphors are widely used in music. My mind tends to wander when I listen to lyrics and the Church he refers to may not be so literal in my view.

'Take me to Church' may just be a metaphor for 'teach me something'....
I can appreciate your point. Perhaps I "am" more of a black or white thinker, but I don't consider artists....songwriters in particular to be just simply creative individuals. The world has come to a place, in my view, where everything is used to promote an agenda. Songwriters might be nothing more than musically inclined observers of the world around them.... but the machine.... the machine takes them and their words and makes them into the prophets of the machines purpose. And it is always anti christ. The songwriters probably don't know whats going on because they are part of the machine and all they really want is to make a good living at their craft.

I am reminded of that old movie theater experiment where they flashed a couple frames of coke and popcorn into the audiences movie viewing and it impacted them so much (with increased sales of coke and popcorn) that the gov't got involved and made it an illegal practice. The point to me isn't the idea of the images being flashed.... it's how completely impressionable we as people are.

Old 08-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I can appreciate your point. Perhaps I "am" more of a black or white thinker, but I don't consider artists....songwriters in particular to be just simply creative individuals. The world has come to a place, in my view, where everything is used to promote an agenda. Songwriters might be nothing more than musically inclined observers of the world around them.... but the machine.... the machine takes them and their words and makes them into the prophets of the machines purpose. And it is always anti christ. The songwriters probably don't know whats going on because they are part of the machine and all they really want is to make a good living at their craft.

I am reminded of that old movie theater experiment where they flashed a couple frames of coke and popcorn into the audiences movie viewing and it impacted them so much (with increased sales of coke and popcorn) that the gov't got involved and made it an illegal practice. The point to me isn't the idea of the images being flashed.... it's how completely impressionable we as people are.
eh..I'm not one to drink the cool-aid, I don't follow the herd and I don't live by society's norms. I drive an old car so I don't have to pay high insurance or carry a note, I'm paying my mortgage down so I don't have to wonder how to feed myself when I'm older, I buy my clothes underground (not in high street shops), I stick with classic style - not the trends and I enjoy life for what it is. I appreciate all opinions even if I don't agree with them and sometimes I keep mine to myself. I like to think outside of the box when I can and know many people that do as well. To each their own - love and let live

Last edited by landlover_1; 08-15-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Quick Reply: What are you guys listening to today?