Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What is your motivation for being active on forum board?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 03:49 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your motivation for being active on forum board?

What is your motivation for being active on forum board? Some people like to talk with people; some others like to get help from real people and expect instant interaction.

And you, why are you taking part in forums?

Old 08-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's a long and embarrassing story - are you ready for it?

Why do I participate in this forum? WELL.. it's a saga, would you care to hear it?

I fell in love with my mechanic and started breaking things on my beloved Rover just so I could see her more often. Yes, my mechanic is a woman and she is so nice and sweet and funny, but she's a ball buster. Yep.. tough as nails. Anyway, I'm kind of a metrosexual type - I like to knit, laugh with the girls, keep my nails clean and I didn't know much about my Rover - other than it's expensive to upkeep and my Rover likes the finest things that money can buy. I wanted to impress this woman because I think she is SO sublime and I felt that IF I knew more about my Rover and what makes it tick I could fumble my way thru and not feel like such an *** in her presence. I could 'talk her talk'. So far it's not working - she sees right thru me and I'm gutted. Still learning though and hoping that maybe we can be more than just friends. So I continue to keep participating in the forum - learning, laughing and living.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

For all the hot chicks, man.
All the hot chicks.

Old 08-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

'Cos I'm a saddo! I'm really a weirdo religious fanatic and like helping others - honest and I like 'off topic' 'cos I can chat with the lovely chicks anonomously - they're great and I hate watching TV, only watch motorsport, I hate talking to people particularly the French 'cos they ain't got anything interesting to say. I also like reading lots of BS on some of the posts. apart from that you can learn things about your truck.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by abnormals_anonymous
Why do I participate in this forum? WELL.. it's a saga, would you care to hear it?

I fell in love with my mechanic and started breaking things on my beloved Rover just so I could see her more often. Yes, my mechanic is a woman and she is so nice and sweet and funny, but she's a ball buster. Yep.. tough as nails. Anyway, I'm kind of a metrosexual type - I like to knit, laugh with the girls, keep my nails clean and I didn't know much about my Rover - other than it's expensive to upkeep and my Rover likes the finest things that money can buy. I wanted to impress this woman because I think she is SO sublime and I felt that IF I knew more about my Rover and what makes it tick I could fumble my way thru and not feel like such an *** in her presence. I could 'talk her talk'. So far it's not working - she sees right thru me and I'm gutted. Still learning though and hoping that maybe we can be more than just friends. So I continue to keep participating in the forum - learning, laughing and living.
A pal's son married a female Bulgarian blacksmith, she was 'luvverly' and a real stunner for looks. When I heard about her I'd conjured up this image of a huge woman like a Russian shot putter - hmmm, how wrong can you be - she was actually small, petite and very, very feminine I can see his attraction.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by versd0ra
What is your motivation for being active on forum board? Some people like to talk with people; some others like to get help from real people and expect instant interaction.

And you, why are you taking part in forums?
Interesting question from a 10 post member.

As for me.... I'm aware that a forum is a community of people... brought together by a particular common bond, in this case Land Rover ownership or appreciation. It's a sharing of information place. I've logged over 11,000 posts in the other forum I belong to. But I'm kinda moving away from that group. Last year I sold all my books and have taken an interest in off roading. I live in Oregon and am just starting to see how many trails and off road places there are to go. Oregon is a pretty big state.

Been checking out this site recently

I want to know my Rover WAY better than I do.... so I participate... and I read. There are car genius' here..... and I am not one of them.

BTW.... did y'all know that Action Comics #1 (Superman's first appearance and up for bid right now on ebay) has passed the 2 million $$$ mark I could buy a few off road vehicles with that kind of cabbage.

Action Comics #1

Get your bids in before it's too late LOL !!

Old 08-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
For all the hot chicks, man.
All the hot chicks.
Wha?.. I thought you joined because the Jeep forum isn't free..

I like free stuff - nothing like a good junk pickin' dive into a dumpster, a FREE $10 gift card from Kohl's dept store where they give me money back , free flowers from the ditch (I adore sweet peas and vetch), a free forum where I can laugh and have fun. That's why I joined.. 'cos it was free and you guys make me laugh. And, of course, because I love learning more about my Rover

Old 08-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Oh yeah.... Cheap hot chicks

Old 08-24-2014, 04:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
Oh yeah.... Cheap hot chicks
..straight from the clearance rack

Old 08-24-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by landlover_1
..straight from the clearance rack
Yep, I love cheap cheap chicks, cheap clothes, cheap LR parts and on and on. Done all the labels and expensive when I was working and guess what, they still wore out, fashions changed, got lost etc, etc now cheap, cheap as chips even from China but the secret is their stuff is good now.

Talking of stuff from China and cheap (SS likes cheap too), where's SuperSport lately and is he OK? I sincerely hope so as he hasn't posted for awhile.

Quick Reply: What is your motivation for being active on forum board?