Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What is your motivation for being active on forum board?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 08:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Yep, I love cheap cheap chicks, cheap clothes, cheap LR parts and on and on. Done all the labels and expensive when I was working and guess what, they still wore out, fashions changed, got lost etc, etc now cheap, cheap as chips even from China but the secret is their stuff is good now.

Talking of stuff from China and cheap (SS likes cheap too), where's SuperSport lately and is he OK? I sincerely hope so as he hasn't posted for awhile.
I try to stay classic so I don't have to go buying new fashions every year. And those stupid rhinestones on the bum of trousers that were all the rage last year for women are nowhere to be seen this year. Wonder why?

As for SS.. I hate to be the one to break the news to you Offroad but he sold his vehicle a few weeks ago. No mention of it just 'oh btw.. I am selling my Rover, have a buyer and it was nice knowing you all' Maybe he'll check back with the forum to report on his flying camera activity?.. (sigh) I just don't understand....

and speaking of people missing.... I wonder if Slabrat is back from his whirlwind European tour? We need someone to shake things up around here - I'm getting bored Hey.. did you go to your 'villa party' yet? I don't recall hearing about it. Did you have fun?

Old 08-25-2014, 06:08 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Shame about SS, he was a great source of info and a decent guy by the way I saw him. I've PM'd him to hopefully get him involved in non LR stuff.

Slabrat posted recently he has returned from the european adventure and is up and running on here.

As for my venture to the north of France, ultimately we didn't go as it was too far (900 miles round trip) for too short a period there and also going to be too hi-brow for my liking with the hallowed political ensemble.

We are going to the vintage motor races at Angouleme, Circuit de Remparts Circuit des Remparts d'Angoulme - Home , where an old Brit pal is racing his 1936 Austin 7 sports (it should have been one of his Frazer Nash cars but it has terminal engine problems). It'll be a 3 day jolly there friday through to Monday morning. Lots of racing, dinners and fun I guess. I've known Mark and Helen for 26 years now dating back to when we first raced Caterham 7's together. He's a great guy and good businessman. One day they might even get married but I doubt it. As Helen says "Mark bypassed marriage, children and life and only planned for his retirement ever since she's known him" he's a bit slow at making long term personal commitments

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 08-25-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:50 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by landlover_1
I try to stay classic so I don't have to go buying new fashions every year. And those stupid rhinestones on the bum of trousers that were all the rage last year for women are nowhere to be seen this year. Wonder why?

As for SS.. I hate to be the one to break the news to you Offroad but he sold his vehicle a few weeks ago. No mention of it just 'oh btw.. I am selling my Rover, have a buyer and it was nice knowing you all' Maybe he'll check back with the forum to report on his flying camera activity?.. (sigh) I just don't understand....

and speaking of people missing.... I wonder if Slabrat is back from his whirlwind European tour? We need someone to shake things up around here - I'm getting bored Hey.. did you go to your 'villa party' yet? I don't recall hearing about it. Did you have fun?

I'm Back ,, got back this week . 4 months on the road in Europe what a trip. Real eye opener .
Offroad was right not many french folks ar that interesting. but there seems to be a 30 minute discussion about everything.. Bruges and Prague were nice Greenland and Scotland were a good relief from the heat. I could go on.

Landlover Don't go we need you here! . I considered selling my Rovers but not yet!! We will be much less enlightened if you go..

Old 08-26-2014, 01:24 PM

Sounds like an interesting trip Slabrat. Hope you enjoyed yourself en route.

You/we are right, le français parlent pour le monde pendant des heures sur absolument rien du tout ...................

Sad as it seems I live here ........... maybe a move to the US is still on the agenda ................ at least we speak the same language ........... well sometimes ..........

Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by slabrat
I'm Back ,, got back this week . 4 months on the road in Europe what a trip. Real eye opener .
Offroad was right not many french folks ar that interesting. but there seems to be a 30 minute discussion about everything.. Bruges and Prague were nice Greenland and Scotland were a good relief from the heat. I could go on.

Landlover Don't go we need you here! . I considered selling my Rovers but not yet!! We will be much less enlightened if you go..

Slabrat, do a short write up on your trip when you have time as I'm sure many would be interested in your experiences of trekking around

Old 08-26-2014, 02:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Slabrat, do a short write up on your trip when you have time as I'm sure many would be interested in your experiences of trekking around
With pictures !!

Old 08-26-2014, 09:52 PM
Three Wheeling

Will it be old fashioned to say that i want to help and to be helped? LOL

Old 08-26-2014, 10:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by slabrat

Ahh..Welcome back Slabrat! I'm glad you and your wife had a lovely time. We missed you! Did you get to seek out any of the underground clubs in Prague? A colleague of mine was telling me about them last year and said that there are a maze of bars, clubs, etc. all underground. And he brought back chocolate.. mmm.. good stuff - rich and the type that melts in your mouth rather than your hand

As for enlightenment, merci monsieur mais je suis celui qui est éclairé comme je suis inclus dans votre monde. Why aren't there more women on this forum? And I don't have any plans for leaving - I can be a whiner at times, please forgive me? I would hate for any of you to think that I am bored with your conversation - that is not what I meant at all! I'm just tired and in dire need of a vacation. Too many nights and weekends bringing work home lately makes for a grumpy girl. Three more days and I'll be on vacation. Non, no 4 month European tour for me - just nine whole days of 'getting my act together' and working on the house. Strangely enough it sounds exciting.. I don't know where to start first though - door number 1, door number 2, or door number 3! I've got to clean the dungeon (basement - priority #1), finish the patio extension that I started earlier this spring (putting in brick pavers - priority #2), then the odds and ends (getting the chimney cleaned for winter, fixing the front door (don't ask), baking zucchini walnut bread (a tradition that I do every year at this time), freeze a bunch of pesto, putter in my garden, work on the Rover and also fit in some Chillax'n time.) I so need it..... bad

Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by LRScot
Will it be old fashioned to say that i want to help and to be helped? LOL

I tried to help you with your spelling... and someone tried helping you by posting photos of your Rover

Old 08-27-2014, 02:37 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by landlover_1
I tried to help you with your spelling... and someone tried helping you by posting photos of your Rover
photos of your Rover? think you need to re-read my post or do you need me to help you with your reading comprehension?

Quick Reply: What is your motivation for being active on forum board?