Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Who would be invited to your 'bash'.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 03:51 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Who would be invited to your 'bash'.

If you were having a bit of a 'bash' and you could invite anyone past or present to your 'do' who would you want to invite?.

I'll kick off with my immediate thoughts.

Angela Merkel, Barack Obama, Margaret Thatcher, Oprah Winfrey, Ayrton Senna, Gerhard Berger, Michael Schumacher, Vladimir Putin, Groucho Marx, Sarah Silverman, Bette Midler, Peter Sellers, Ruby Wax, Nat King Cole, Jack Nicholson, Denzel Washington, Clint Eastwood, Sidney Poitier, Morgan Freeman, Erwin Rommel, Valentino Rossi.

There are many more, particularly musicians and actors, but it's mostly about people I would want to converse with and see their perspectives.

Who would you want to talk to?

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 06-27-2014 at 03:54 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Good picks Offroad and here I thought that I would make the 'A' list

Depends on the definition of a 'bash'.

If I were to have an intimate ‘bash’ I would invite only one man – the one I feel a connection with and have never touched, it would take a lot of courage to ask and I would hope that he wouldn’t decline.

If I were to have a private ‘bash’ I would invite that one man, my closest family members, the close friends I have made over the years, the homeless man that huddles next to the garbage can at the local 7-11 reading the newspaper on a snowy day, the spirits of my deceased friends who I miss dearly, my inspirational 88 year old neighbor, my boss and his wife (because I truly care about them), and a complete stranger just to branch out and open my horizons.

If I were to have a bash ‘bash’ you all know that I’d invite you, the forum (as I already have), with the hopes that someone would attend from each State in the US and each Country of the World. I’d invite that one man and all of the guests from my private ‘bash’, I’d invite John Rendall and Ace Berg, my ancestors, Dorothy Parker, Sylvia Plath, Margaret Thatcher and Princess Di. Mother Theresa, Jesus and Rosa Parks would be on my invite list as well as Charlotte Moss, Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Sara Ban Breathnach, Stephen Colbert and Charles Bukowski. Tom Brokaw and Ann Curry would tell a good tale or two, Rowan Atkinson, Kurt Vonegut, and Oscar Wilde would be interesting guests as would be Jane Austen, the Bronte Sisters, Carl Jung, Aristotle, Carl Sagan and King Henry VIII (which I may regret). Many a musician would be invited as well. Not too big on current politics so I don’t know if I could stomach inviting any main-stream politicians but I would love to talk with our founding fathers.

Last edited by landlover_1; 06-29-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy answer: Charlie's Angels, The Dallas Cowgirls, ***** Riot, Marilyn Monroe, Pamela Anderson - did I miss anyone? That's all I would need

Oh yeah, throw Linda Carter into the mix in her Wonder woman years - I'd like to talk to her - lol..

Old 06-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by abnormals_anonymous
easy answer: Charlie's Angels, The Dallas Cowgirls, ***** Riot, Marilyn Monroe, Pamela Anderson - did I miss anyone? That's all I would need

Oh yeah, throw Linda Carter into the mix in her Wonder woman years - I'd like to talk to her - lol..
You must be getting on a bit in years though..................most of those you picked are either dead or in wheelchairs by now and well past being too exciting or performing and even fewer have little keeping their ears apart. It's a line up 'of all our yesterdays'...........

Old 06-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
You must be getting on a bit in years though..................most of those you picked are either dead or in wheelchairs by now and well past being too exciting or performing and even fewer have little keeping their ears apart. It's a line up 'of all our yesterdays'...........

You didn't say that had to be the age they are today. Besides, the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders are still going strong (and are quite young/sexy/pretty/athletic I may add); ***** Riot isn't (aren't) old and they have half a brain, Linda Carter in her wonder woman years would still be wonder woman, Pamela Anderson is sexy at any age and Marilyn Monroe is an icon. I'm 46 - clearly not one foot in the bucket.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Otto von Bismarck, Robert E. Lee, Margaret Thatcher, Cleopatra, Helen of Troy, Julius Caesar, Greer Garson, Daniel Boone, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, King Arthur (if he existed), Cicero, Hannibal, Ernst Junger, Hitler, Stalin, Churchill, Frederick Douglas, Moses, King Leonides, Rommel, George Washington, Elizabeth the 1st, Napoleon, Spartacus, Jesus, Mae West, Nefertiti, Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Wellington, Leif Erikson, Nelson Mandela, Babe Ruth for a few.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Baja

Originally Posted by Roverrocks
Otto von Bismarck, Robert E. Lee, Margaret Thatcher, Cleopatra, Helen of Troy, Julius Caesar, Greer Garson, Daniel Boone, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates, King Arthur (if he existed), Cicero, Hannibal, Ernst Junger, Hitler, Stalin, Churchill, Frederick Douglas, Moses, King Leonides, Rommel, George Washington, Elizabeth the 1st, Napoleon, Spartacus, Jesus, Mae West, Nefertiti, Charles Dickens, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Wellington, Leif Erikson, Nelson Mandela, Babe Ruth for a few.
Excellent choices - well thought through. You have raised some that I would like to converse with as well, brilliant choices.

Add another couple, Isambard Kingdom Brunel and Louis Stephenson.