Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Who's more hard Core, Jeep or Land Rover Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 08:16 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Roverrocks
Strange thread without any purpose that I can see. Hating Jeepers and their Jeeps is dumb. Making rude comments about them is dumb. Hating any other 4x4 besides LR's is dumb.
LOL did you by any chance read the original post????

Even your other responses are making me think you didn't...

Anyways... funny story antichrist. You can't laugh at others til you know how to laugh at yourself.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
LOL did you by any chance read the original post????

Even your other responses are making me think you didn't...

Anyways... funny story antichrist. You can't laugh at others til you know how to laugh at yourself.
The original story was funny and fine. Then it started evolving into a "*****" size issue based on what you drive: If you drive a BIG jeep then you are "compensating" and LR owners don't need big jacked up trucks. How juvenile!! I love humor (good humor) but this thread was devolving into the ever present "lets **** on jeepers" crap that has been run to death especially on other forums. So many LR owners need to get a life and quit trying to **** on other makes especially JEEPS. I like my jeeper friends and 95% of what I do off road is with them. If other 4x4 makes **** on us LR guys so what. Run with them and show em what your LR will do. They will shut the hell up. My jeeper buddies no longer rib me about my Disco. 99% of the jeepers don't know anything at all about what our older solid axled LR's can do off road. All they see is megapriced outlandish mall crawling LR's that never touch as much as a foot off trail. I rip them too along with my jeeper friends. If anybody is trying to "compensate" for ***** size it's the rich, Telluride/Vail mall crawling LR set. When I hear somebody starting to disparage jeepers it pisses me off. I know em and I like em.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!
You still don't get it do you?

LMAO

Old 01-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Rock Crawling

Have a nice day in your La La Land.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Baja

Have a nice day in your La La Land.
LMAO....man, that's funnier than my OP.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:43 PM
TReK

The original story was funny and fine. Then it started evolving into a "*****" size issue based on what you drive: If you drive a BIG jeep then you are "compensating" and LR owners don't need big jacked up trucks. How juvenile!! I love humor (good humor) but this thread was devolving into the ever present "lets **** on jeepers" crap that has been run to death especially on other forums. So many LR owners need to get a life and quit trying to **** on other makes especially JEEPS. I like my jeeper friends and 95% of what I do off road is with them. If other 4x4 makes **** on us LR guys so what. Run with them and show em what your LR will do. They will shut the hell up. My jeeper buddies no longer rib me about my Disco. 99% of the jeepers don't know anything at all about what our older solid axled LR's can do off road. All they see is megapriced outlandish mall crawling LR's that never touch as much as a foot off trail. I rip them too along with my jeeper friends. If anybody is trying to "compensate" for ***** size it's the rich, Telluride/Vail mall crawling LR set. When I hear somebody starting to disparage jeepers it pisses me off. I know em and I like em.

LOLOLOLOLOL Are you SURE you read it???
Like 100%????
I'm gonna tell you straight up, you are NOT getting it.
Re-read it one more time, I think it will catch on...
You're eventually gonna realize it, I promise.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:49 PM
TReK

Heck the meaning to this, apparently, tough to understand story is within the thread!!!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Baja

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
You're eventually gonna realize it, I promise.
ummmm...I wouldn't count on it.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Mudding

Reading some of the responses to this very benign (and funny) story triggered thinking of this quote:

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I'm having a hard time finding where anyone ripped on a Jeep or Jeeper. But anyway....

I have a Jeep ZJ and a P38. I of course own both for the single reason of being able to poke fun at both parties without guilt. And I guess to wheel them too.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Rock Crawling

This thread WAS a jab at Jeepers to start off with. Why else entitle the thread " Who's more Hard core, Jeep or Land Rover owners"!!! and then state at the end of the story "The moral of the story is that if you have a Land Rover, you don't need a big *****" It would have been an amusing little story if the name "JEEP" and "HARD CORE" and "OWNERS" had not been included in the thread title. Should have been entitled " An amusing Land Rover tale" if it wasn't a jab at Jeepers which I get tired of on many forums. If the rest of you don't get this not-so-subtle jab at Jeep owners then you need to go back and reread the story in light of the THREAD TITLE. One plus one does equal two I can assure you. I don't belittle owners of any other brand and I don't like reading jabs at any of them even though this was a benign little jab in the history of endless big jabs. Have a nice day.

Quick Reply: Who's more hard Core, Jeep or Land Rover Owners?