Other All other Land Rover vehicles.

LR2 review

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:49 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR2 review

Here's a review on the LR2, with info on the specifications and performance of this new model, as well as a few photos.

You can read it here: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/landrov...2-ar10520.html

Old 12-04-2006, 12:03 AM
4wd High
Default RE: LR2 review

the review article on topspeed site failed to do a on road test. The writer didn't test LR2 performance on the HWY.

Does the LR2 interior remain rattle free during hwy trip? range rover notoriously has numerous rattling noise from interior cabin.

What is stopping distance of LR2 on pavement?

Does the LR2 lean much during corning on the road?

What mechanical parts on landrover tend to fail first after 3-5yrs?

Do the suspension parts need to be replace every 5yrs?
Landrovers tend to have very bad reputation in North America as lemon SUV. I don't know why no one over sea has spotted the numerous significant problems.

Old 12-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Three Wheeling

It looks to me like the LR2 is a re-skiined Ford Escape. The profile shot and rear shots are dead on ford Escape. Is this model made here int he US?

Old 12-20-2006, 02:13 PM
4wd High

ORIGINAL: JBRIII

It looks to me like the LR2 is a re-skiined Ford Escape. The profile shot and rear shots are dead on ford Escape. Is this model made here int he US?
LR2 is made in liverpool, UK at landrover new site. This plant has been upgraded by Ford. If this is Escape rebadge, it better be more reliable than the LR3.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Three Wheeling

I'm sure they share underpinnings. Just like the Volvo S40 is made on a Mazda 3 platform. It makes cost sense. The Escape is a great small SUV.

Old 12-23-2006, 01:38 AM
4wd High

How come I don't see many LR3 on the roads in Canada? Canada has plenty of millionaires but they buy Lexus SUV. They shun landrover completely. I saw a total of 5 LR3 since 2005 in Toronto. Why can't landrover sell LR3 briskly in N. America ?

If Toyota bought Landrover, we wouldn't see these problems at all.

Old 12-24-2006, 04:20 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I doubt Land Rover would go to a Japanese company.

They would become their own entity again before going Japanese.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:19 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see the LR3's all over Dallas, Range Rover Sports are just as nomerous.
But the new ones are not used asSport Utility Vehicles they are Solely Urban Vehicles.
As far as Canada it maybe the fuel cost most of the Lexus suv's get better mpg's.
You don't get to be a millionaire by spending your money on something you don't care about.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:57 AM
4wd High

ORIGINAL: Landzu

I see the LR3's all over Dallas, Range Rover Sports are just as nomerous.
But the new ones are not used asSport Utility Vehicles they are Solely Urban Vehicles.
As far as Canada it maybe the fuel cost most of the Lexus suv's get better mpg's.
You don't get to be a millionaire by spending your money on something you don't care about.

Actually those millionaires don't care about car reliabilty at all. They have money to burn for rest of the life time. Canada has many millionaires & billionaires too but most of them don't dare to buy land rover. They often buy Lexus, MB, Acura.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, as someone who owns both, '06 LR3and '05 GX470 I think I am well equiped to give my opinion on the subject. I was very happy with my GX late last year when I set out to buy a second vehicle. I was even actually considering just buying a second GX. It is quiet, very smooth, good on gas and quite "up scale" as far as SUV's go and yet, the 4x4 capacity allows the owner to do a little playing in the dirt once in a while. It costs a little less than the LR3 which is the vehicle class it competes against and it certainly has world renoun Lexus reliability. In two years of ownership the only problem I've had with it was the driver side mirror would not reset after it panned down when put on reverse mode.

So why did I end up buying an LR3 instead? Simple, actually. While the ride is slightly harsher than the GX on road, it's certainly not that big a difference and Im sure the low profile tires on the LR3 are to blame for that small difference. The LR3 offers real 3 row seats unlike the ridicously placed 3rd row on the GX wich couldn't really carry anyone over 5 years old and when put away only hamper your vision and hinder your cargo space, or can be taken completely out as long as you don't mind lifting and carrying around 75lb seats everytime you need to reconfigure. If you ever need to do any serious off roading, the lack of lockers on the GX makes it little better than an all wheel drive vehicle. I have found myself embarrasingly unable to manuver in the simplest of off-road conditions with my GX only because one tire was in the air and all traction was being directed there! The GX is simply too preety to be considered an off road vehicle. So much baige color all around the interior and the nice soft supple leather inside only gets torn and dirty if you use it to do any serious work. My LR3 will go places the GX can only dream of going. After adding a tow hitch to my GX the exit angle on the rear bumper has been reduced to such ridiculus numbers that going over anything higher than a road curb will cause the hitch to scrape nice grooves on the ground.
I have a friend who rides a bicycle all the time and once in a while he asks for a ride home on a cold or rainy night. A small, fast adjustment to my middle seats gives me plenty of room to "throw" his bike in the cargo area without having to be afraid of something catchingor tearing in my truck or getting it dirty.
While I could go on forever (and I probably have already) about the differences and pros and cons about both vehicles, the REAL bottom line is this. If you intend to keep your vehicle past the warranty period, not ever need to use it off road in anything more challenging than a hard packed, even dirt road and you have no family to taxi around larger than 4 members, then Lexus is probably the better choice if you like the looks of it. However, if you need a real work vehicle who is not afraid to pull every one of the allowed 7700 lbs without compromising your off road capability by all but loosing your exit angle, a truck that is not afraid to get dirty, a truck designed to be used and abused and come out the other end looking just as nice after a car wash; if you need room to carry more than 4 people ocationaly but don't want to loose the 90 ft of cargo area in the process when you are not, and finnaly if your travels ever require any off roading to be done, be it for fun or a yearly necesity such as snow bound states or work at off sites, then the LR3 has simply no competition in the market today for being able to acomplish all this while taking you there in class, comfort and head turning style!

I dont work for Land Rover, BTW. I am just a pleased owner with my new truck!

Jantiz

Quick Reply: LR2 review