Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2000 White D2 SE7 - Best 2000 Disco in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2000 White D2 SE7 - Best 2000 Disco in the USA

Greetings, all.

I have a 2000 white Disco 2 with 90k miles. Chawton white with the almond interior. It is.... it absolutely is... the best condition 2000 Discovery in the USA- that, I can assure you.

I'm OCD about keeping a vehicle like new. There is nothing that doesn't work on this 2000 Disco. Exterior: Impeccable. Interior: Impeccable.

I'm supposed to say "no 12 year old Disco is perfect" or "come on- it's 12 years old!", but I refuse to. Nothing leaks. Nothing burns. No tears. No dents. No cracks.

I'm assuming this D2 isn't worth a ton because it's a 2000- but I'll leave that up to our beautiful free market to decide. The purpose of this picture-less post is to give you guys a "heads up". I will be adding the vehicle to auto-trader in a week or two, after I've brought home my new 2012 LR4.

Until then, here are a few things to keep in mind:

* I put over $5,000 into this Disco last year ALONE- SOLELY AND COMPLETELY on things that weren't broken, but simply "weren't perfect anymore". For example: I had new head gaskets put it. I had a full valve job done. Every drop of fluid changed, of course. The freaking heated windshield had a peck that stopped two of the defroster wires from working. What did I do? BAM! $800, brand new official LR heated windscreen. The back door opened and closed hard. BAM! F*cking $350 for new painted hinges. A couple of the door locks went up and down slowly. BAM! Replaced all the actuators with brand new ones. New brakes. Brand new friggen headliner because the old one sagged a little. New stock bass speaker set in the back rear door.

Dudes... I'm serious. I'm OCD about keeping vehicles perfect. That $5k bill was just ONE session at Pike's Peak Rovers in Colorado Springs. Tell them to tell you about "Pat K. and his 2000 and 2004 Disco". Eric will tell you what I'm talking about.

There is ONE thing that is less than perfect on this D2- the radio. The rover is my wife's, and last Christmas I had a $350 CD player/radio installed to replace the tape deck that was stock. It was another $250 for the steering wheel cable to make the buttons work, and and a couple other things. I don't remember how, but it was $800. Anyway, I got raped on it by Car Toys in CO Springs. Here's the problem: The bass stinks. It probably sounds better than most radios, but there's a lot less bass than my 2004. I think it needs a supplementary amplifier. Anyway, the CD changer for the stock tape-deck was removed with the new radio installation, so you could easily fit an amp under the passenger seat. On the PLUS SIDE, the new radio has the iPod / iPhone cable.

Okay dudes, the next step is for me to have the truck detailed inside and out ($250 each time, and I have this done pretty regularly- Hoooaaaaah). Then, I'll snap some photos of the little gem. Then, I'm going to create an AutoTrader page for it. Then, I'll post the URL here. Give me 1 to 2 weeks to make all this happen.

In the mean time, I'll leave you with a few little fun facts:

1) I refuse to own a vehicle that has stuff that doesn't work. I grew up poor with crappy vehicles, and now that I'm a decent marketer and can afford to truly maintain my vehicles, I do it.

2) The ONLY reason I'm selling this D2 is because I have an EVEN BETTER 2004 D2, and I'm going to be bringing home a brand new 2012 LR4 in a week.

3) I am the second owner of this Disco. I bought it from a dealer in Chicago in 2008, when it had only 47,000 miles on it. It was in very good shape then (I hunted for 2 months before buying it), but I'm telling you straight: it's in BETTER shape now than it was then.

4) The front drive shaft has been rebuilt with greasable zerks.

5) There are absolutely NO lights on the dash. The transmission is very tight from reverse to neutral to drive- tighter even, than my 2004.

6) The engine is smooth, quiet, and snappily responsive.

7) This was my dream car in 2008 when I bought it. I'm going to be sad to sell it.

8) It's has a brand new Radiator (original sprung a leak), a new Mass Flow Sensor (this was like $350), new spark plugs and magnecor 8mm wires... on and on.

9) There is one piece of plastic that is cracked above the back window, on the interior. I owned the D2 for a year before I even noticed it.

Okay, that's all for now. If you're in the market for a nice Disco.... stay tuned, and stay excited.

That's all,

Pat

Old 02-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Winching

Oh yeah, one other expensive thing: the two front hub assemblies were replaced last year, because they started making noise. It steers perfectly and silently now, at 85mph

Old 02-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Winching

5) There are absolutely NO lights on the dash. The transmission is very tight from reverse to neutral to drive- tighter even, than my 2004.

FYI- by this, I meant there are no BAD lights, haha. All the nice, gentle green lights work perfectly.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Winching

Keep that happy energy flowing, boys.

I am confident that whoever buys this could drive it for 3 straight years before it'll need any real work. You know how Rovers are: eventually something always pops up. But right now.... this thing is "like new".

I just had the oil changed at my local Audi mechanic (the only guy I trust here in Grand Haven, MI!), and he said "man, that is the cleanest Land Rover I've ever seen. I've never seen one so dry. I can't believe your 2004 is the one with the new engine, because it's leakier than this one!"

Oh yeah, boys! This 2000 Disco Baby is one tight ride. You're going to drool when you see the photos.

Even more of a sneak peek into what's new on this baby (remember: this is all work that you won't have to do!):

- New stabilizer bar
- Brand new heater fan motor assembly
- New windshield wipers (of course!).
- Fresh set of headlights
- New thermostat
- Nice 4-pin trailer light hookup added discretely on the rear by the reese hitch

Hoaaaaah, lads. Looking forward to meeting the lucky 3rd owner of this immaculate disco.

-Pat

Old 02-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Winching

PS- Subscribe to this thread or PM me your Email to get status updates on the preparation of this hot Disco for its torch-passing moment...!

Old 02-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see the ad. Might have to take a trip!

Old 02-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me either. But, I could wait on what the asking price will be.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Drifting

I'll give you 2500... 

Old 02-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Overlanding
Default awh man.

so yah yah, it's all perfect and stuff, blah blah. It is the color, and the year that I want.
Booo!

I am sure you are not going to flush all the $$ you just put into it, and so not sure how your asking price is going to fair with my offering price. Ha

Yet another dilemma for me, is that being in California, just to get an out-of-state vehicle across the state line, I have a "smog import fee" upwards of $600 plus taxes and fines just 'cuz it's from outside of Cali. Red tape pigs.... anyway, figure that I would have to tack that on, on top of whatever it is you are asking for.

I guess I am out before the bidding even begins. I wish I could insert a "raspberry" sound on here, ya know, where you make that funny noise with your tongue and your lips as you spray saliva all over...
hmfph.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Winching

Hahaha, I sympathize with you on the red-tape.

And yes, I DO plan on "flushing" all the money I sunk into it. I have always known that Discos are NOT an investment. They are one of the worst "nice" vehicles ever produced, quality wise, and so I repaired it knowing the truck would be worth "about the same" whether I kept it mint, or not.

So again: I'm not looking to "get my money back". I just want another Land Rover enthusiast to enjoy the foundation I've built.

I have received my LR4, and the 2000 is being cleaned. Pics and more fun to come

Pat

Last edited by Disco2Fever; 02-12-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply: 2000 White D2 SE7 - Best 2000 Disco in the USA