Retired - Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something to buy from a vendor or a private owner?

WTB 4.6L crankshaft, rods, MAF and intake box

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB 4.6L crankshaft, rods, MAF and intake box

Go figure, another guy on here looking for a cheap 4.6L crank and rods along with the matching mass air flow sensor and top portion of the air filter box to maf for a conversion.

Cheapest I have found everything for so far is $300 shipped to me. First person who has good quality parts and can do $225 shipped gets my money.
Shipping is to ga 30024.
Thanks and I look forward to giving one of you my money

Old 11-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Good luck, the air filter boxes on 4.6 motors are expensive. Half of them I get are broken and I've never seen one for less than $80.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:16 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

"First person who has good quality parts and can do $225 shipped gets my money."

I doubt people are going to be lining up to jump at your generous offer but then, what do they say about there being an *** for every seat?

Old 11-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Three Wheeling
Default True

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
"First person who has good quality parts and can do $225 shipped gets my money."

I doubt people are going to be lining up to jump at your generous offer but then, what do they say about there being an *** for every seat?
There's a **** for ever rooster too. And seeing as there are many of the engines getting scrapped due to bad blocks, they are not hard to find! I've read so many posts from people with jacked up liners and blocks leaking coolant through the block (especially behind the liners). the fact that the newest car these came out of is more then 10 years old now also helps my case

This is not a low ball offer, it is legit and fair!

Old 11-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Default new or custom?

Originally Posted by abran
Good luck, the air filter boxes on 4.6 motors are expensive. Half of them I get are broken and I've never seen one for less than $80.
If I cant find a airbox top section cheap and in good condition I'll either make something custom or go aftermarket as it is not a crucial elements in it all.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

Here in CA, if one thing on your motor doesnt look stock, fail the visual inspection.

If you can get all that for $300 shipped, jump on it. The shipping alone is probably $80 depending on where you are.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:37 AM
TReK

"This is not a lowball offer, it is legit and fair!"

Keep telling yourself that.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Three Wheeling

Does Paul Grant crap on everyones post like this. From CT, I bet he is just one of those trolls we all hate isn't he lol.

What he fails to notice is that everything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not just what some ignorant man in CT thinks everything is worth!

Old 11-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Three Wheeling
Default can be

Originally Posted by abran
Here in CA, if one thing on your motor doesn't look stock, fail the visual inspection.

If you can get all that for $300 shipped, jump on it. The shipping alone is probably $80 depending on where you are.
Yeah, they are pretty heavy. I shipped a bmw crank out of a v12 which I'm sure is at least as heavy as this if not more so to CA and it was only $64 though.

Waiting for payment instructions for the pressure kit.

Thanks again and talk to you soon.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:51 AM
TReK

Don't worry, I'm only 'crapping' on your post. You fail to see the flipside of your statement that everything is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. By that logic, if I deem that a brand new Range Rover LWB is only worth $50,000, by golly, someone is going to have to sell it to me for that price.

After all, in your infinite wisdom, with years of Land Rover experience, you have deemed the price to be such and all sellers should take notice.

I think you need to revisit the meaning of troll.

Quick Reply: WTB 4.6L crankshaft, rods, MAF and intake box