General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about buying this 2007 Range Rover Supercharged - Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 09:09 AM
CBK
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about buying this 2007 Range Rover Supercharged - Advice?

Hey All,

I am seriously looking at picking up this vehicle... 2007 Range Rover Supercharged.

Used 2007 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER SUPERCHARGED for Sale in Winnipeg - Price | West Coast Motors

Took it for a test drive yesterday. It's very low mileage (48,000km), and looks very clean throughout. It's from a non-Land Rover dealership. It's actually been driven by the owner of the dealership for the past year and a half, and now he decided to sell it (dealership bought it at 26,000km). No accidents on it, and it came from Ontario (now in Manitoba).

I grabbed the manuals so I can learn all the electronics before I go back and look at it again, but do you guys have any specific advice for things to test/look at when I go back? I was planning on buying an extended warranty package on it from Global Warranty ($3,995 for 4 years/80,000km), but the factory warranty is still good on it until this November.

One thing I noticed was that my BlackBerry Torch wouldn't pair to the bluetooth. It would find the vehicle, I'd enter the 2121 pin code, but then the connection failed.... that worries me a bit. Looking at Land Rover's site it should be compatible, though Land Rover has older software showing on the Torch for what they have tested than what's on my phone.

So again.. any thoughts on the vehicle at the link above?

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks really clean and it has barely been driven. I would not worry about the pairing of your phone as being a problem with the vehicle; it may just need a software update.

I am not a big believer of extended warranties; if you find a good independent shop you can get a lot of repairs for $4K if needed. So many of those warranties do not cover much and so they end up just being a waste.