Range Rover Classic (1st Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Classic within.

Range Rover Sport (L320) ported into 3-Door RRC (Restomod)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 10:17 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Range Rover Sport (L320) ported into 3-Door RRC (Restomod)

Hi Guys,

Couldn't find a better place to ask you about this.

So I live in Egypt, and RRCs are more than rare over here (less than 10 cars I believe, don't know of any working ones). I found a 3-door RRC that's in pretty bad shape (Attaching pictures, sorry for what you're about to see).

Long story short, I'm planning a restomod and wanted to replace the whole interior (along with suspension, electronics, and drivetrain) from a donor L320 I have come across. The plan is to have a classic looking Range Rover from the outside, but a purely new one from the inside. I would port the entire electronic components of the L320, along with the engine, transmission, drivetrain, and suspension, and of course, the still intact wiring harness.

The L320 I found is no longer road legal, so I won't be "wasting a good car" on this anyways. I wanted to ask if it were possible to perform this replacement or not, given that I'm stripping down the MK1 to bare metal anyway and have no problem modifying anything in it. I'd like to also ask if the clearances would allow me to port the interior dash, seats, and door trim as well (while adapting for size variances of course).

Just a little bit of background, labor cost in Egypt is pretty cheap compared to what I've been reading over here. It's the parts that are hefty, if not ridiculously expensive. So the entire bodywork for the RRC and the process of restoring it to a no-rust state will be done in my garage, I have the luxury of the time, space, and the patience of a buddhist monk. I know I'll find plenty of surprises once I strip down the car. But given it's already in the worst shape I could possibly imagine, and that I'm only planning on it being an empty shell for what's to come, I don't know what can possibly get worse.

Let me know what you guys think, I'm all ears.

Sad interior

more sad interior

The saddest interior of them all

Don't know how to describe this.

I have no idea what is in this trunk, or what is going on in this pic.

Don't know if you can even call this an engine bay

practically nonexistent engine

well at least the headlights still exist

It breaks my heart knowing this beauty is just laying there.

Someone just left this at the side of the road.

I'm pretty sure it's the ground that's risen to the wheels, not the other way around

Sad RRC