Range Rover Evoque Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque within.

2012 Range Rover Haldex questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2022, 11:33 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Range Rover Haldex questions

Hello,

My Evoque was in an accident earlier this summer where a large rock (boulder) in the road ripped off my front left wheel and also caused considerable damage to the rear wheel assembly. I just got it back from the shop last week and I am getting the TRACTION CONTROL / LIMITED PERFORMACE error. I have been doing a lot of research and all evidence leads to the Haldex unit. I returned the Evoque to the shop to run diagnostics and nothing came up in error codes on their computer. Insurance wont pay for it since I cannot prove that the accident caused my AWD to be out as there are no codes. I purchased a service kit (filter and oil) and was going to go that route as I have not changed the Haldex fluid / filter since I have owned the car (5 years / 50k).
Last night I was going to go for the change I my Evoque has the "Donut" on the drive shaft so the pump cannot come out without removing the darn driveline. I removed the pump as far as i could but its just a hair more to get it out. A couple drops of fluid came out and it is very clear still.. My questions are as follows:
1. Is there a fuse that controls the Haldex unit? I have gone over threads and my manual and nothing points to that. I have seen threads that show a Freelander 2 has a fuse for the Haldex. I wanted to check that first before proceeding.

2. If the fluid looks that clean still would it be folly to just change out the filter on the top of the unit and top off the oil?

3. Opinions on just getting a grinder and hollow out a small depression on the coupling as it seems to only be a couple millimeters needed to get the pump out. I did see a Youtube video where the person said you can push the cover and rubber on the coupling to get the needed access, but while I can move the coupling cover, there is still a lip I cannot get past. I thought if I moved the cover away, got a small dremmel bit I could hollow out just on that metal lip.

I don't have an issue removing the driveshaft, but it seems like a heck of a lot of work just to gain a millimeter or two for a 5 minute clean job on the pump filter.

Any ideas / tips / tricks would be appreciated.

Thank you! Ben