Range Rover Evoque Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque within.

Range Rover Evoque

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 03:12 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Rover Evoque

Hey everyone,

A newbie here.

Im looking to buy an Evoque 2016 onwards in the next 6 weeks or so. Ill be doing around 25k miles a year. Has anyone got any advice on what I should be looking for and what to avoid. Thank you very much for any advice it is very much appreciated.

FTB

Old 08-19-2021, 10:13 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi FTB,
I'm a newbie too
I'll fill you in on at least ONE serious prob...at length...ha...
Exterior leaks, causing water ingress into the cabin and other areas of critical importance.

The 1st time I was blessed with a water leak, I didn't realize it until my cabin started smelling like FOUL mildew/mold.
Then MAJOR electrical components suddenly shorted out, leaving me without use of touchscreen, all electrical in center console, & NO AC in 100-degree summer heat!

At the time, the dealership acknowledged there was a Technical Service Bulletin N221 (NAS18.09.004), which specifically indicates a manufacturing defect that causes water or air leaks...something I've now learned is VERY common w way too many LR vehicles.

SO, windshield was replaced & resealed. Fixed the prob?? NOPE.

Despite the windshield replacement less than 2 years ago to "repair" the prob, my windshield continues to leak.

The leak this summer was much less sneaky...this time I actually saw water dripping from center of windshield onto dash...then soon after, the transmitter controlling ignition on/off button and key fob recognition died. Couldn't unlock, lock, much less start the car.

My 2016 Evoque is still under the Certified Preowned Warranty until early 2022. But guess what? The dealership expects me to pay over $2400 for the repair, despite the known defect and their clear failure to properly fix it the 1st time.

JLR corporate has been useless in assisting, despite sympathetically verbalizing to me multiple times that it's a no-brainer the defect should be covered.
They specifically said it's not a "wear & tear" issue. It's a DEFECT. Then turning around & refusing to cover repair or even honor warranty.
Dealership blames corp, & corp blames dealership.

Embarrassingly pitiful customer service.
I'm expecting CERTAIN future malfunctions due to the water ingress they REFUSE to responsibly fix, which *could* turn hazardous depending on which critical component the invading water decides to fry next.

Sorry so long....but...
Fair warning