Range Rover Evoque Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Evoque within.

Strange clicking sound under and near gear selector just after brake fluid replaced

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 08:02 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange clicking sound under and near gear selector just after brake fluid replaced

Just after brake fluid replaced I've noticed an odd thing with my 2015 Range Rover Evoque SD4. If it was there before, I didn't notice it. When I have the car in Park or Natural (and powered on) and I press the brake pedal, I hear a clicking sound under and near gear selector and release brake pedal I hear a clicking sound again under and near gear selector. It clicks once per press/release and is solidly repeatable. I can feel the clicking vibration when I place my hand on the gear selector, so the source must be in or under that center selector area. It seems like the brake is running normal when driving, but I don't understand it or know whether anything is going wrong.

The noise does not occur when the car's "in gear" and the operation of the brakes does not seem to be any different than it used to be, before I noticed this.

Anybody got anything on this? I couldn't find anything from searching the forums. Thanks

Old 05-21-2023, 06:02 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange clicking noise under gear selector

Hi, just wondering if you ever found a resolution to this issue?

I'm currently experiencing the exact same problem, and I believe it's now causing my battery to drain.

Any information on this be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!