Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Range rover HSE engine fitment Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 06:25 AM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 Range rover HSE engine fitment Help

Hi everyone, l bought my first Range Rover L322 HSE with Jaguar engine, I owned an 04 RR hse with bmw engine b4 and still have a 05 RR with bmw engine. When I got the Range l took it to my mechanic to diagnose he found out the electric fan clutch assy was not working aslo the temperature gauge was taking too long b4 reaching the middle, bad cranck case vent and hose, bad coolant reservoir, but the temperature gauge never pass the middle, after replacing everything I drove the range home and the next day cranked the range wow, huge white smoke after 15 mn of idling ever since white smoke all the time, and l realized the coolant reservoir is little oily but the engine oil is fine, the range has 104k on the clock, took it back to the shop my mechanic said the head gaskets, but he needs to remove the heads first to check if it is only the gaskets or a cracked block or toasted engine, the engine runs fine no knocking, and he told me the worse case scenario is the another engine, l have been checking online for quote for another engine just in case, 98% of the engine say lr3 and sports only, and l read somewhere that LR3, RR HSE and Sports all share the Jaguar AJV8 (AJ41) engine, but when l open my hood l can tell my intake hose goes on the driver side unlike the one in the sports and LR3 that goes on the passenger side, also all the 3 share the same part # when it comes to head gasket kit and intake manifold gasket kit, My question is can the long block from an LR3 or Sports fit on the HSE by using the intake manifold from the HSE. I guess this will also be my last RR with Jag AJV8 engine as well.
Any input is much appreciated