Range Rover L322 (3rd Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover L322 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R&R Heads without lower timing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 06:20 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out. The dealership had sold me the wrong hose. The water pump bleed hose has been redesigned. Here is a pic of how I had installed it (WRONG).

The bleed hose (the small one coming off the water pump) should connect to the upper hose in this picture, not the lower one. Which makes sense when you think about it. They had sold me the hose from the non super charged range rover instead of the one from the supercharged. As you can see it did go on, only in the wrong spot. The supercharged version of the hose is longer and goes in the upper spot.

Now my coolant flows and it no longer overheats. I just hope I didn't do any damage while trying over and over to bleed it with several overheats. So far so good.

It runs a bit rough and it has limited engine performance. This may be because the clutch quit working on the cooling fan so I left it off. I have another one on order which should come in this week. Or it may be because the fuel is about 10 months old. Down to half a tank, it'll soon have fresh high octane fuel in it.

Old 09-10-2020, 11:12 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, get some good fuel in it and see if it helps. If it doesn't smooth out, you might do a compression check, but we don't want to think bad thoughts, do we?

Old 10-18-2020, 09:54 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It runs great! That hose was the problem. I took a road trip from Arkansas to Phoenix. Came back via the grand canyon. Was awesome! Seems to be loosing a little coolant over time. I may get it pressure tested.

Old 10-20-2020, 06:41 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad it runs well. I finally got the old engine out of mine, and I'm in the process of switching parts over to the new (Jag) engine. It looks to be in nice condition, as the plastic water manifolds at the front and back of the block that were leaking so badly on mine look perfect on the replacement engine with no sign of leaking at all. Even so, I replaced them and also have a new water pump, thermostat and all new hoses to put in.