Range Rover L405 (Fourth Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover 405 within.

New Guy- South Africa.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 08:06 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy- South Africa.

Gerry here,
Have used the sites for years as a visitor- Great Forum. Has helped tremendously . Decided to actually join - before I send the car in I thought making use of the expertise on this forum is the first step.
2013 - L405 - Supercharged.

Radio/Sat Nav/Bluetooth/.Screen .

I was in the UK for three weeks - I had my son Start the car every few days - when he picked me up on Saturday in the car - everything was fine- later that night i went out and the radio would not work - actually the CD - Says loading CD- shows track number then changes from track 1 to 18 constantly . Sat Nav - Initializing- does not get further . Blue tooth - Please connect phone . It randomly connects the phone (Its a Landrover explore phone) then disconnects - the screen also resets on/off - initial thoughts ....bad connection. Tested all fuses connected to the screen infotainment all ok

All other functions on touch screen work - All the cameras work - the "extras tab" all functions work . Years ago on my L322 - a similar thing happened and i traced the fault to the blue tooth unit which I fixed courtesy of YOU TUBE and a Bic Plastic pen.

I did a battery test - 12 v . When running 14.6 proving the alternator works - Did hard reset - it actually fixed it for 3 minutes - then reverted to as above - Load tested the battery - "weak" Had battery tested professionally . Dead cell - Great news - At this point i was happy - Knowing that these cars dislike low-ish power - thinking this would now solve my issue - I replaced the battery - NO CHANGE.

So guys any Ideas.?

Gerry