Range Rover L405 (Fourth Gen) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover 405 within.

Oil Change and service reset

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 02:31 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Oil Change and service reset

Please, can someone advise where is the oil filter located on the 2017 RR HSE Td6 and also how many quarters of oil and filter change is required and which oil is to be used for a diesel engine?
Another thing is is the reset of service message?

Thanks a lot
Luiz

Old 06-30-2021, 02:38 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by brazeagle
Please, can someone advise where is the oil filter located on the 2017 RR HSE Td6 and also how many quarters of oil and filter change is required and which oil is to be used for a diesel engine?

Thanks a lot
Luiz
Hello There,
Your diesel engine It takes 6.5 quarters of 5w30 oil, including the filter, which will suck a bit.
For the reset, unfortunately I tried everything and never worked, I usually take to the dealer and ask the folks to reset for me at no charge.

Cheers
Luiz

Old 07-01-2021, 08:25 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by brazeagle

Thanks a lot
Luiz
The diesel engine requires a specific type of oil to protect/preserve the DPF system. It's referred to as "Low SAPS". Range Rover's recommendation in relation to low SAPS oil is category "ACEA C1" and, by my experience, oil with that designation is harder to find.

Most diesel-specific oils for modern engines have an ACEA C2 specification. C2 may be just fine, but I do not know that for a fact. One brand and type the meets Range Rover's specification is: Shell Helix HX7 Pro AF 5W-30. It's available online from Quality Bearings. I've provided a link to the site and product below.
https://www.qualitybearingsonline.co...tCurrencyId=2#

Also, oil weight is important due to the lubrication requirements of the turbocharger. Regardless of how warm a climate you live in, I would not stray from Range Rover's 5w-30 recommendation.

Old 12-28-2021, 09:58 AM
Mudding
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been using Liqui Moly on my TD6 top tec 4200 5-30. Your oil filter is right on top of the motor back by the firewall. I use a vacuum pump that I got at Harbor Feight Tools to pull the oil out. It's the easiest oil change I have ever done, I never have to get under the car. I change my oil every 5000 miles. To reset your service light you need to have the hood and driver's door open press the start-stop button without pressing the brake. After the ignition is on press the gas and brake at the same time and hold them for about a full minute and when the chime turns off it is reset. Cycle the ignition a couple of times before restarting the car.

Oil Pump https://www.harborfreight.com/pneuma...tor-57056.html
This guy shows you how to change the oil for a 3.0 SC he is the one I got the service reset from. I just used him to do my rear brakes. You need to put your parking brake into service mode.