Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

2006 Range Rover sport supercharged transmission slipping

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 08:55 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Range Rover sport supercharged transmission slipping

I have a 2006 Range Rover sport supercharged. The issue I’m having is that shifting from 3-4 gear it will slip quite a bit under throttle and push it back down to third, or it will go up to 5th and go into failsafe. If I am applying little throttle it will stay in 4th but if I apply more throttle it’ll go into 5th and failsafe mode. I replaced the transmission fluid and filled it up to the correct level. I do know the tire profile is a 50 and not 40 like it should be. Also I did take it to the local rover shop and they said the software is up to date. I did swap the front tires to the rear and so on. The rover shop said I needed a new Transmission that there’s something wrong inside of it. The codes came up with incorrect ratio for 5th and 6th. My next step is to take it to a transmission shop. Is it solenoids? Clutches? I don’t think it’s the torque converter. Maybe valves or stator?

Old 12-01-2019, 02:30 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by bull907
I have a 2006 Range Rover sport supercharged. The issue I’m having is that shifting from 3-4 gear it will slip quite a bit under throttle and push it back down to third, or it will go up to 5th and go into failsafe. If I am applying little throttle it will stay in 4th but if I apply more throttle it’ll go into 5th and failsafe mode. I replaced the transmission fluid and filled it up to the correct level. I do know the tire profile is a 50 and not 40 like it should be. Also I did take it to the local rover shop and they said the software is up to date. I did swap the front tires to the rear and so on. The rover shop said I needed a new Transmission that there’s something wrong inside of it. The codes came up with incorrect ratio for 5th and 6th. My next step is to take it to a transmission shop. Is it solenoids? Clutches? I don’t think it’s the torque converter. Maybe valves or stator?
Wow is there no forum support for RRS? I had a similar issue with my 2013 RRS SC. I noticed it was starting to shift harder in lower gears after spirited driving so I figured it was time for fluid. Had a local shop do a fluid exchange and it started slipping badly from 3-4 under moderate to heavy throttle and slipping slightly from 2-3 only at full throttle. Took it back and it was almost 2 quarts low on fluid. They filled it up and it was better but still shifting hard. Ended up going back a third time to reset adaptations and since then it's been significantly better but still shifts harder than it did from 3-4 and when it sits for more than a day in <30degree weather it will slip slightly from 2-3 until it heats up. Seems like it's probably an overheated solenoid or worn clutches but I'm kind of at a loss, especially when the shop that did the work denies that anything else is wrong with it.

Old 12-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Solenoids are an issue and so is the E-Clutch (used for 4th gear). You can roll the dice and replace solenoids, but if that doesn't fix it, it has to be opened up for repair.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:44 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by LR Techniker
Solenoids are an issue and so is the E-Clutch (used for 4th gear). You can roll the dice and replace solenoids, but if that doesn't fix it, it has to be opened up for repair.
Alright thanks for the info!

Old 12-16-2019, 04:27 PM
6th Gear

Wow may I ask how many mile you guys have on the truck