Range Rover Sport L320 (2005-2013) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.

New RR Sport...Warranty options?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 05:50 PM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New RR Sport...Warranty options?

My wife picked up a RR sport and they had a bunch of extended warranty options that she declined. I dont usually buy that stuff but she mentioned there was 'tire insurance'...She has black chrome 22" wheels that I KNOW will get dinged up (curb rash, dirt roads etc).

Has anyone purchased the coverage? I'm in the US. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2019, 11:35 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to your wife. She's going to love her sport. :-) I have not purchased any extended warranties, but I also don't put a lot of miles on my car. My strategy has been to save the annual cost of the warranty in a savings account, instead of putting it into something that will expire.

Old 05-12-2019, 11:41 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Snowflake
Congrats to your wife. She's going to love her sport. :-) I have not purchased any extended warranties, but I also don't put a lot of miles on my car. My strategy has been to save the annual cost of the warranty in a savings account, instead of putting it into something that will expire.
Thanks. I was able to negotiate a 6 year 90k warranty, ‘dent and ding’ coverage and ‘wheel/rim’ coverage for $4200. (They wanted 7k).

As expected, a month into it and my wife swerved to miss a distracted driver and hit the curb.

Luckily the rim damage is covered.

The following users liked this post:
Snowflake (05-12-2019)
Old 04-02-2020, 09:59 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$4200 sounds really high. In most cases - most, not all - that kind of care must be purchased at the time of vehicle purchase. From then on, it is more of a car insurance issue. The difference with car insurance is that you cannot, in many cases, get coverage on cosmetic repair needs, whereas you often can with an aftermarket company.I am a broker and an agency owner in the F&I industry and have access to various outlets. If you are looking for a warranty or VSC, email me your VIN, odometer and the most recent bill of sale date on your vehicle. I will get back to you with some quotes. All kinds of programs are available, from powertrain and comprehensive coverage, all the way up to manufacturer-like warranties and VSC's. Any vehicle qualifies - Doesn't matter if it's a Ford, a Chevy, a Mercedes AMG, a Mini Cooper, a Maserati, a classic Corvette, a Pontiac GTO and beyond, there are programs and plans for everybody. The vehicle does not have to be under any kind of coverage right now, I just ask that the vehicle has been taken care of.

Thanks - Greg at iwamservices@gmail.com

Old 06-01-2020, 06:00 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by iwam
$4200 sounds really high. In most cases - most, not all - that kind of care must be purchased at the time of vehicle purchase. From then on, it is more of a car insurance issue. The difference with car insurance is that you cannot, in many cases, get coverage on cosmetic repair needs, whereas you often can with an aftermarket company.I am a broker and an agency owner in the F&I industry and have access to various outlets. If you are looking for a warranty or VSC, email me your VIN, odometer and the most recent bill of sale date on your vehicle. I will get back to you with some quotes. All kinds of programs are available, from powertrain and comprehensive coverage, all the way up to manufacturer-like warranties and VSC's. Any vehicle qualifies - Doesn't matter if it's a Ford, a Chevy, a Mercedes AMG, a Mini Cooper, a Maserati, a classic Corvette, a Pontiac GTO and beyond, there are programs and plans for everybody. The vehicle does not have to be under any kind of coverage right now, I just ask that the vehicle has been taken care of.

Thanks - Greg at iwamservices@gmail.com

You can generally buy a manufacturer extended warranty within a year of initial purchase. I dont usually buy them but my wife has already used the rim service 2x in the first year so I have a feeling we'll at least break even lol. The $0 deductible bumper to bumper cost around $2700 which is expensive but I doubt there are factory plans for much less.