Range Rover Sport L494 (2013-present) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 RRS Order

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 02:31 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sales guy is now saying that the build date for my car is early October with a delivery date sometime in December.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:23 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's fortunate Ed! I have been watching like a hawk for an autobiography that is close to my specs in the event my order was canceled! What color did you get?

Old 09-26-2021, 06:27 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by efear
Turns out, mine was built today! It will be almost 10 months to the day from order if it stays on track for delivery and all.

Do you know if you're you still on track for a November delivery?

Old 09-26-2021, 09:09 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Frcotting
Do you know if you're you still on track for a November delivery?
Yeah, sounds like possibly even late October. My last update was early last week, it wasn’t on a ship yet but delivery showed 10/29. Is yours still on track for build in October?

Old 09-27-2021, 02:40 PM
4wd Low

My quoted build date is 10/15, with a delivery date sometime in November. But, from your timeline, it looks more like 8 weeks from build to "at retailer". So it's more likely mid-December before I can get the car, assuming no snafus. I'm getting impatient. This is taking a lot longer than I was expecting. I'm starting to consider off-the-lot options at this point and just walking away from the order.

Old 09-27-2021, 03:35 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Frcotting
My quoted build date is 10/15, with a delivery date sometime in November. But, from your timeline, it looks more like 8 weeks from build to "at retailer". So it's more likely mid-December before I can get the car, assuming no snafus. I'm getting impatient. This is taking a lot longer than I was expecting. I'm starting to consider off-the-lot options at this point and just walking away from the order.

Frcotting, what part if the country are you in? I have been following the Defender build thread, there are TONS of updates on build timing and when it gets on a ship to the point of "at retailer". I think the "at retailer" timeline is dependent on where you are in the country and where your car is unloaded at a port. It seems common for LR ships to port in the MA area, then GA, and then go around the Panama Canal, port in CA and then in WA. I'm in CO and I think mine will go all the way around the Panama Canal and get unloaded in WA so it will spend a lot more time on the ship than someone in say NY or MA, those cars will get unloaded at port weeks before mine. Does that make sense? At least that's what I have gathered. I got an update today and mine got on a ship 9/16/21 and at retailer until 10/29 which is sooner than the 11/5 date I got a few weeks ago. It also seems some get on a ship a day or two after the "build date", mine took about 2 weeks to get on a ship. I hope that helps.

Old 09-27-2021, 06:09 PM
4wd Low

That's a good point and really helpful feedback. I'm in the NYC area, so if the ship lands in one of the major east coast ports it shouldn't take too long to get to my dealer.

Old 10-21-2021, 12:45 PM
Drifting

Terrible pic but my build arrived at the dealer. I stopped by to review my trade-in and they showed me my new RRS, fresh off the truck. It's a yulong white autobiography with ebony interior. Planning to pick it up tomorrow!

Old 10-21-2021, 05:03 PM
4wd Low

Wow, that’s awesome! Looks great. It’s good to see that the actual delivery date was well ahead of schedule.

Old 11-05-2021, 05:54 AM
4wd Low

Looks like it finally arrived.

Quick Reply: 2022 RRS Order