Range Rover Sport L494 (2013-present) Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Sport within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAB problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2021, 05:05 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAB problems

Hi. I am having trouble with my DAB signal. Keeps on coming no reception. Any ideas?

Old 02-24-2021, 03:26 PM
4th Gear

Same problem here. It cuts in and out but not as frequently as before when I got the car.

During that time I did unplug the DAB module in the rear boot and rechecked the antenna connections in the roof section though. All tight and not loose.

I asked Dealer and they said it is usually because of buildings and interference however where I am and where I drive, there aren't many tall buildings or towers that interfere with the DAB reception. I drive in open roads and clear skies in metro Perth.

DAB reception here in Perth I believe is well covered so can't imagine it being not enough towers. I think it might have to do with my RRS being 2015, so software or hardware outdated?

I want to update the headunit to see if it helps and also update the nav on it but dealer said not needed unless really required? Does anyone have the update done it them selves at home ?

So even after trying to figure it out I still get reception dropouts at random and can't do anything about it.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:27 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by David Nguyen
Same problem here. It cuts in and out but not as frequently as before when I got the car.

During that time I did unplug the DAB module in the rear boot and rechecked the antenna connections in the roof section though. All tight and not loose.

I asked Dealer and they said it is usually because of buildings and interference however where I am and where I drive, there aren't many tall buildings or towers that interfere with the DAB reception. I drive in open roads and clear skies in metro Perth.

DAB reception here in Perth I believe is well covered so can't imagine it being not enough towers. I think it might have to do with my RRS being 2015, so software or hardware outdated?

I want to update the headunit to see if it helps and also update the nav on it but dealer said not needed unless really required? Does anyone have the update done it them selves at home ?

So even after trying to figure it out I still get reception dropouts at random and can't do anything about it.

David, Did you get to the bottom of your DAB reception?
Mine has always been useless so I thought I would change the two amps up in the rear spoiler. The FM signal is much better and I thought the DAB was too, but unfortunately its still rubbish. When I tune the DAB with the engine running it goes straight to 99% and complete in 2-3 seconds. If i search with just the ignition on, it searches fine and I get great reception. Therefore it seems to be related to having the engine running in my case. Any pointer if you've resolved yours would be great. Thanks Neale

Old 02-14-2023, 02:22 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andymorris38
Hi. I am having trouble with my DAB signal. Keeps on coming no reception. Any ideas?
What is a DAB signal?

Thanks.

Old 02-16-2023, 06:02 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by traffictech870
What is a DAB signal?

Thanks.
Digital Audio Broadcasting

Old 02-20-2023, 11:54 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post