Range Rover Velar Talk about the Land Rover Range Rover Velar within.

Upper Touch Screen

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 03:09 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upper Touch Screen

Not sure why I'm spending my time writing in the forum but at least I'm getting practice with my typing skills.

My 2018 Range Rover Velar P380 was returned to me last Friday the 20th of July after being at the dealership again, 4th time, this time for 4 days. Still had paint problems. The dealership and body shop painted the spoiler a terrible color that didn't match the color of my car, go figure. Today as I was leaving a store to drive home the upper touch screen didn't activate or come out of it's storage position. I thought that was strange but everything with this car is strange. I thought maybe if I just give it time it will activate. I drove home which was about 8 miles, it never moved and never came on.
After I put my things away I decided to go to the garage to start it and the screen came on and moved to the correct position. They will never be able to find this problem. I've had the vehicle now almost 8 weeks, 4 trips to the dealership, continued paying the lease payments for a car that is a pain in the rear!!

WE DO NOT WANT THIS CAR!!
One of the biggest mistakes we have ever made, buying a new model that according to the internet is loaded with problems. I have been working with Land Rover Customer Support and documenting all problems and time spent at the dealership.

It's a beautiful paper weight but as of now not a dependable car and OMG the money we laid out to get into this car, unbelievable!!

Old 07-25-2018, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Well at least it gives you a place to vent.

The following users liked this post:
utahbronco (07-25-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:31 AM
1st Gear

I have a P380 as well. I can say this RR is temperamental and that goes with the brand. For example, the worst part I have found is the BT and their own brand of Autoplay. BT has a mind of its own and frequently does not show the artwork, does not show the time left etc, and then suddenly shows up fo hte next song...sometimes it simply disconnects from the car and the music is going on in the phone..Not much you can do but shake your head. Try not to get too frustrated I had a Maserati that did the same

utahbronco (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 12:21 PM
Overlanding

I have grown less critical of the Velar, at least for now. Finally after the last two week stay at the dealership they replaced the TCU. When I got it back suddenly it had Voice Activated Navigation, go figure. It was sold to us as having that feature however it NEVER has worked. It has now spent 38 days in the dealership in the first 4 months that we have owned it. Exceeding the Utah Lemon Law parameters. I'm currently waiting for the $1,000 "Goodwill" check that I was told 2 months ago would be sent. I continue to be amazed at the lack of customer service at every point, even the "Buy Back" resolution person, no followup whatsoever on the missing "Goodwill". I'm the one who has had to do all of the communication. The Service Manager at our dealership is an exception, he gets it, he understands, he has been totally proactive. I find the Infotainment Features very very slow. I have to be very patient when I ask to have a new Sirius XM station. I have to be very patient when asking to "Play MP3". I'm just trying to keep my cool.

Thanks again for everyone's comments!!

Old 10-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Good luck and hopefully it all sorts out so you can enjoy the truck.

utahbronco (10-03-2018)