Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1994 Land Rover Discovery 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 12:03 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Land Rover Discovery 1

I have a beautiful 1994 Land Rover Discovery 1 for sale. Located in AZ. This is the first year of the discovery model. It has the 3.9L V8 with fuel injection. If you are familiar with Discovery's you will know that this model is constant 4 wheel drive and has differential lock. 4 wheel disc brakes and power steering. Motor runs strong and has been well maintained. She has room for 7 with the fold down seats in the rear. The paint is nearly flawless. I have kept it clean and waxed since I have owned it. This discovery has NO sun fade and almost no paint chips. The only cosmetic issue is that there is a single dime sized dent on passenger side front fender that ins't noticeable (see photos). Both sun roofs function, but they are so old I avoid opening them. All the windows have been tinted. All the internal switches work. I installed a new radio and replaced a few of the speakers. It has Bluetooth, USB, and aux playback now. There is a 2 way walkie talkie in the glove box and a CB radio mounted above the rear view mirror that will need to be tuned. Just passed inspection and emissions and is good until December 2019.

Pros:
-Low mileage for year model
-Paint is excellent
-Interior is excellent
-Perfect offroader. 4x4 with 7 seats, 4 wheel disc brakes, fuel injection, and differential lock.
-Great AC

Cons:
-Tires are old, but have 60% tread left. Have had nails removed and holes patched in the past. You may consider replacing with some off road tires down the road.
-The dash is the infamous foam dash land rover installed on these models. Through all the armour-all I could not keep the dash from drying and curling upward in the AZ heat. It is NOT cracked though which is great! But I installed a corrective bar that helped a little. Completely cosmetic
- There's 2 rock chips in the windshield that have been filled. One is on the very bottom, the other is on the very top next to the rear view mirror. They are not in the line of sight in any way.
-The rear door handle has a plastic casing that has a corner chipped off. Purely cosmetic.
- She has personality. She doesn't always like people riding shotgun and the door mechanism won't open from the outside always. It's very selective.
- Tachometer doesn't work all the time. Sometimes it comes on. Sometimes it doesn't. It is the only issue i have noticed for the gauges. Never looked into it myself.
-windshield fluid washers don't function (clarification: WIPERS work fine). The previous owner gave me spare pumps that I never installed. Was a non issue for me.
-Previous owner redid the headliner and its not prefect. It doesn't sag but its just OK . again minor cosmetic irritation for the perfectionist out there.
-Leaks a little. Never looked into it because its not bad. I file this one under personality

Seriously a great SUV. Selling for no particular reason. It's my spare car, and i just wouldn't mind the driveway space. Please feel free to call or text with any questions. 817-564-5057. Asking $4750.00 Thanks for looking.

Attached Thumbnails 1994 Land Rover Discovery 1-img_0839.jpg   1994 Land Rover Discovery 1-img_0848.jpg   1994 Land Rover Discovery 1-img_0849.jpg   1994 Land Rover Discovery 1-img_0843.jpg   1994 Land Rover Discovery 1-img_0852.jpg  

1994 Land Rover Discovery 1-img_0845_li.jpg   1994 Land Rover Discovery 1-img_0853.jpg   1994 Land Rover Discovery 1-img_0859.jpg   1994 Land Rover Discovery 1-img_0865.jpg  

Last edited by Jtsanford42; 06-10-2018 at 12:09 AM.