Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1998 Discovery for sale! Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Discovery for sale! Charlotte, NC

Hi all. This is my first time in the forum, and I was googling Land Rover forums and saw this one, and I thought it might be worth a shot. I've had my 98 Rover for 4 years now, and up until 2 weeks ago, everything has been great...mechanically, speaking. Now, it's FREAKING OUT! It has died on me numerous times, failed to jump start, starts up again randomly then dies again. I've been told at first that my gas gauge was broken and that I was just out of gas... now, I know I am a girl and don't know much about cars, but I knew this was a lie. So, it died again, and I had it taken to the LR dealership in Charlotte. They said it needed a new mass air flow sensor, and it would run me about $2000 to fix it. Well, I mean ok my car isn't even worth all that much so I said no way! I had it taken to Precision Tune, got a refurbished MAF sensor installed...paid about 900 bucks today. And guess what? The car STILL is not running correctly. I think I just got taken because I am an easy target (young female). Anyway, with all of that said...I am just really wanting to sell this car. I don't have the time, nor the cash to figure out what is really wrong with it. I want to get a smaller car that is better on gas, anyway!

If you live in NC, Charlotte area, and are interested, let me know. It is a 1998, like I said...champagne colored, with tan leather interior. 6 disc changer. Less than 117K miles. Exterior looks really good. The headliner has been glued (I think?) by the previous owner, but whatever.... I wasn't paying to have that fixed. I'd be more than happy to send you some pictures of "Lilly" OR if you have any advice/suggestions about a diagnosis for the car...Id be so happy to hear it! Thanks guys!!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:51 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interested send pics
jrforjc@comcast.net