Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1998 Jaguar XJR- $6000 obo

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Jaguar XJR- $6000 obo

Hey guys,
I figured I would post this here if there are any Jaguar enthusiasts here... Might be a long shot but who knows right!?

Mechanically, the car is near perfect and I have the receipts to prove it! A complete service has been performed in the last 10,000 (Coolant flush, transmission fluid/filter, replacement of spark plugs, spark plugs seals, valve cover gaskets and synthetic rear differential fluid replacement). Some preventative measures have also been performed to ensure the longevity of the vehicle. I just replaced the secondary timing chain tensioners about 10,000 miles ago with the updated secondary tensioners from Jaguar Ltd. This has been a well documented problem with the 4.0l V-8 and if taken care of the engine will stand the test of time. It is the original 4.0L 370hp/390 tq Supercharged V-8 motor with the Nikasil lined cylinder walls, it runs very smooth and strong. It doesn't burn a drop of oil and when I popped off the valve covers everything is SUPER clean. It"s apparent to me this vehicle was well taken care of or at least had oil changes done regularly. I have only run Redline 5W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil since I have had the car. You will be pleased that the car does not leak a drop of anything. Brand new front brakes and brake light switch have been done too. As far as power mods go, the engine is equipped with the Mina Gallery Intake System and it actually really helps power delivery at the top end of the powerband. This car can really move for a 4,000 lb. boat. The vehicle has 4 brand new General UHP Z-Rated 255/40/18 tires with custom painted factory 18 inch Jaguar wheels with British Racing Green Jaguar center caps. To top off the looks of the car, a 20% tint job was performed on all windows (except windshield) and tail lights, it really helps the vehicle stand out from the rest of the Jags out there. You should see for yourself ;-)

Cosmetically I give the car a 7/10. The black paint is still really fresh and after a wax job it looks amazing. Being that it is an 11 year old car it does have door dings, rock chips and a decent sized dent on the passenger side fender, other than that it looks pretty sweet. The black leather interior is in good shape, nothing to really to comment on. The clear varnish on the wood on the front door panels is cracking. The drivers door's check strap is broken and needs replacing, it's a $52 part and maybe an hour of labor so no big deal. Carpet is clean, leather is clean with no cracks or stains. All power windows, locks and mirrors work. A/C blows cold, heater blows nice and warm. In other words, all the creature comforts work!

Vehicle has just under 135,000 miles but still runs and looks very sharp. It has been my recreational vehicle as I only drive it on the weekends and never have in the rain although it has been my daily driver for about the last 6 months. It's been very well taken care of under my ownership. The only thing that is really finicky with the whole car is the sunroof. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, I don't have the ***** to pull the headliner and possibly destroy it in the process. Other than that I can't think of anything else really. I have the title in hand so best offer takes this thing! Clean title and Carfax! Hit me up if you're interested!

Nick- 707-347-6288

Name:  jag2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  117.2 KB

Name:  jag1.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  xjr008.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  74.0 KB

Name:  xjr003.jpg
Views: 51