Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1998 LR Disco LSE $3,750

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 LR Disco LSE $3,000 OBO

Located in Dallas

I am selling my 1998 Land Rover Discovery LSE. Runs and drives great. Remote Start/Alarm. I drive it daily. I love this thing but I'm looking at being able to put a bigger down payment on a 2013 Mustang GT I've had my eye on. I can always buy another down the road. It just cracked 180k miles. Leaks in all the right places. Doesn't where it's bad. Good Yokohama's all the way around. It has 2" Old Man Emu HD Lift Springs. I have a set of lightly used OME NitroCharger shocks in a box that needs to be put on. Both Sun roofs work. All electronics work. Minus windshield wiper fluid pump that just quit this week. It also has a Kenwood GPS/DVD touch screen system that works wonderfully and comes with working remote. Aftermarket AMP mounted under the seats. Aftermarket speakers and rear in door subs. I just changed the oil. I've always used Rotella. It also has a brand new fuel pump / fuel filter / air filter and I cleaned the MAF sensor. I just put a new master cylinder on it. It also has a Tornado Chip Set/Tuned ECU (computer). This is not the cheapo mail order crap. It was professionally done for this vehicle from the actual Tornado Chip guys in the UK. A/C feels like Alaska. Full Differential Lock works great. As does the 4x4H and 4x4L. Paint on the vehicle is great aside from the roof and hood. It had a OE chrome brush guard on it and a guy pulled out in front of my Fiance and it bent the brush guard into the original hood and bent it. (not bad at all) I put another hood on it and it needs to be painted. It was the same color but faded. The hood is clean with no dents. I still have the dented hood that you can get fixed if that's the route you want to go. I had the brush guard bent back and it will go with the vehicle if you want it. I was going to go with an aftermarket off road bumper. Has after market dual elec fans with controller. (high end) Also comes with OBDII UltraGauge so you can see true engine temps and other items. Price is OBO. Come with TONS of extra parts. Leather is in GREAT shape. Jump seats work and are in great shape. Title in hand. Tags are good and inspection is good till 1/2013. It has been kept in very good condition. Comes with all books on the car. I'll also throw in the CD RAVE manual.

BAD:
- I can only get 2 elec fan to kick on with controller. When hard wired they all run. Might just be me and not setting the controller right. So when running A/C in 90+ heat it runs a little hot. Around 210. Shut off the A/C and it'll cool back off to 180. But I have the original fan and shroud if you want to go back to that route.
- Front drivers side shock is worn. Needs to be replaced. (I have 4 good OME NitroCharger shocks ready to be put on)
- Got to kinda wiggle the key just right if the wheels are not straight to get it to unlock.

Extra Parts: (good means I know they are good. Others I haven't tried yet)
Bent hood
Chrome OE brush guard with DISCOVERY printed on it (hard to find)
Transmission with TransAxle (good for all I know. Still has fluid in it)
Power Steering pump (good)
PS reservoir (good)
Power steering line (new)
Steering Box (good)
2 Alternators (1 is good)
Driver and Passenger Airbags (not deployed)
Original Fan w/shroud (good)
Aftermarket Elec Fans
Wood Accent Kit
Radio & A/C controls
A/C Fans
Turn Signal lever
Engine Mounts (new)
Steering Box Rebuild Kit (new)
Gauge Cluster
Radiator
Window Motor
Sunroof Mount with shades (no glass)
Front Drive shaft
U Joint
Bushings
Misc Switches
Thermostat (good)

I probably still missed some. Great truck. Come pick the best 4x4xfar and take it to a good home. Does not come with Safari Rack. Can send more photos upon serious requests.

Last edited by Josh.0; 06-04-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Changed title
Old 05-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Mudding

$3,250? Found a car I want! Let's make a deal.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Mudding

Bump for more photos

Old 06-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Mudding

3k! With all the extra parts!

Old 06-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I buy that RAVE manual CD? What about OME shocks?

Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Mudding

Not quite ready to part it all out yet but thank you for inquiring. I'll let you know.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Ultra gauge? $50.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Mudding

How about 2900 for the truck, you can keep the gauge. Part out all the rest of the parts and make some money? haha.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Winching

Man i wish I was closer to Dallas...

Old 06-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Josh.0
How about 2900 for the truck, you can keep the gauge. Part out all the rest of the parts and make some money? haha.
he dropped it to 3k would you really not want those parts and the UG for the extra 100? craziness

Quick Reply: 1998 LR Disco LSE $3,750