Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2000 Disco II

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:14 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Disco II

I've driven this Disco II for about seven years. Have decided to with a pickup truck, in part because of the high cost of repairing the Disco. Wish I could work on it myself, but it's just not going happen. My 100-year-old house takes up most of my free time.

So here is the good and bad about this Disco II.
The good:
Roof rack, front brush guard, premium sound system, leather seats, heated front seats, power seats, dual moon roofs, rear ladder, third-row stow-away passenger seats, 4X4, cruise control, brand-new battery, decent tires (a little over a year old). The power windows, moonroofs, etc. all work.

The bad: (and I am not a mechanic, so I'll do the best I can here)

The biggest issue is that it needs brakes. Probably front calipers as well.
The car has a few minor dints and dings. Our dog chewed a little on one of the leather headrests on the second row of seats. I also believe the valve cover gasket need to be replaced.
Before the brakes went out, it also had old three amigos lights pop up. The shop said it might be related to the brakes. I have no idea.

You should also know that we bought this truck six years ago as a factory reacquired vehicle. Apparently it had some problem (something about an engine leak) they were unable to fix in three attempts. We bought it with a full warranty - and it has never had a problem with any sort of engine leak.
It has just over 109k miles. We've put 65k of those miles on it. Has been very reliable. And I'm more than a little embarrassed about letting the front brakes get this bad.

I figure this would be a great vehicle for someone who's comfortable working on Land Rovers.

In its present condition (with the brakes needing replacment), I'd rather it not go out for a lengthy test drive. I don't see any reason it can't be driven around the block. But it's next long drive needs to be to a new home for repairs.

I'm going to list it here at $3900. If you have any questions about it, please ask. I'll do the best I can to answer them.

Also, here is a link to several photos of the vehicle:
Land Rover - a set on Flickr

The vehicle is currently in St. Louis, Mo. I can be reached through this forum or by email at tim (at) timbarker dot com.

Last edited by tbarker13; 11-17-2011 at 07:48 AM.