Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2001 P38 Range Rover SE (4.6L) For Sale or Trade - $3000

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 03:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2001 P38 Range Rover SE (4.6L) For Sale or Trade - $3000

This is a good, clean, low-mileage (122K) P38 SE 4.6L for sale for $3000. I bought it in May, and my intent was to go through it and hand it off to a family-member who will be a Senior in highschool next year, but I'm not going to be able to do that before I make a cross-country move in the coming months. I'd like to see it go to someone who will use and appreciate it and, ideally, someone who knows what it takes to maintain a Rover.

Until fairly recently this was a daily-driver, so it's not in showroom condition, but it also hasn't been sitting around neglected or being driven into the ground. I've replaced a few pieces of trim (interior and exterior) since I've owned it, but that's about it. It's rust-free and has always been in the South (GA). The engine and transmission both seem solid. There were no codes when I got it, and it hasn't thrown any in the months I've had it. The engine starts quickly and idles smoothly . . . no "tapping" noise in the engine or white-smoke coming out the tailpipe. It has been converted from air-suspension to coil springs. The A/C works well . . . have had no issues with the blend motors, and the HVAC head unit screen is fully illuminated (no burnt bulbs or dead-pixels). The door-locks and windows work, as do the factory stereo and CD changer. It passed an emissions test with no issues.

It may need the heater-pipe o-rings or the heater-core itself replaced. I've had to add a little coolant, and the floorboard on the front passenger side (under the carpet) is a little damp with coolant. This is a well-documented problem for P38s. It may be the issue was addressed before I bought the truck and what I'm seeing is a result of (1) the foam padding under the carpet acting like a sponge and retaining the coolant from an old leak (there's not very much . . . it's just a little damp), and (2) the previous owners not getting the air out of the coolant system when they refilled it after draining it to replace the o-rings, but, to be on the safe side, I'd plan on investigating and replacing at least the o-rings. There's a lot of good resources out there for this procedure. It's kind of a pain, but anyone who isn't afraid to turn wrenches and can follow directions can handle it. I've done it with both of my other P38s.

I'm not desperate to sell, but I'd like to see it go to someone who will have the opportunity to enjoy it, so I'll entertain reasonable offers and interesting trades. Have a nice Beretta sporting shotgun, a great beach or mountain house you'd be willing to rent out for a couple weeks, a good newer riding lawn-mower, something else interesting . . . send me a message and let's talk!

I'm in Atlanta, GA.

Thanks.

Old 09-08-2020, 04:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Vehicle is sold

Old 09-08-2020, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,512 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Congrats, at least it will quit tempting me on craigslist searches now. Been eyeballing it for days

Old 09-09-2020, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,272 Likes on 1,676 Posts

I had a feeling you'd seen it lol