Green Oval Guild - Ohio's Best Land Rover Group - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

4X4 Events and Weekend Outings Post Your Wheeling Pictures and Videos Here!

Old 12-07-2017, 04:30 AM

Default Green Oval Guild - Ohio's Best Land Rover Group

Went and hung out in southern Ohio last weekend, and did some serious 4-wheeling with this group of folks. Great time and great folks, we had quite the day, serious trails, broken axles, flopped over rig, two lengthy winch operations, plenty of stuck rigs and such.

The day began crisp and cool, 32 degrees. Slept in the rover, old bones were kind of stiff come morning time.

A couple cups of coffee cured that

The other folks showed up right on time, a quick introduction...and we were off.

Hit the first trail to air-down.

We had four Dll's, Dl and a LR4 in the mix.

Coordinators working on a plan of attack.

Heading in.

Winching up the newly-put-back-on-her-feet rover. We didn't start it after flopping it upright, since it was laying on its side for so long...and we were unsure how much oil went into cylinders...didn't want to damage anything by compressing oil.

Long pull

Back in Michigan, dropped her off at work...to hit it with the steam cleaner.

Absolutely great weekend, was just the type of wheeling I was hoping for...a little bit more intense than most would do. Really got a good sense of what this rover is capable of handling.

Hope to go back to Ohio soon, and I recommend anyone close by catching them out on facebook and hooking up for a good time.

Brian.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

They used to put on an AMAZING event called the Wilds. I think it went away after 2014. Top notch group.

Looks like you had a great time and that is what getting a Rover dirty is all about.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:59 PM

Old 12-09-2017, 02:08 PM