Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2002 Land Rover Disco 2 (whole thing) for parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 10:40 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Land Rover Disco 2 (whole thing) for parts

Hello All;

I recently slid my disco into the front of an F150 in some nasty weather. It was a slow speed collision which resulted in only sheet metal and cosmetic damage. Problem is there is so much cosmetic damage I can't see it being worth it to fix it. The hit was on the front drivers side, it was basically headlight to headlight, so you don't want anything from that area!

Of particular interest are the following:

The disco has a rebuilt motor (done April 2013) with approximately 25000 miles on it. The motor was completely rebuilt, rings, bearings, oil pump, valve springs etc. I spent a lot of money making sure I did this right. I also changed most everything attached to the motor save PS, AC and Alt. All hoses, ignition coils, water pump, TPS, MAF, etc were changed at the same time. I also installed a 4.6 liter cam. Its not much of a gain, but there is one. Depending on what you want attached to the motor the cost will range from 2,000-2500. I am located in Mesa, AZ. I am not sure how to ship a motor, but as long as you don't mind chipping in for shipping I will figure out how to get it to you.

The Disco has an old man Emu 1" lift (just taller springs) and OME shocks and OME steering stabilizer. I installed this kit within the last year, and its awesome. I would like to get 400 for the springs, shocks, and stabilizer. I paid nearly a grand for it all.

The transmission has approximately 110K on it, and works just fine. Due to mileage I would sell it for 150.

The transfer case is original and works fine, but has 145K on it. I have no idea on the value of a used land rover T Case, so 150 or OBO.

The truck runs and drives as normal, I drove it 70 miles through a nasty snowstorm to get it home from the wreck site. If you would like the whole thing let me know and what you are willing to pay for it. Just remember you would essentially be buying all the parts together and getting the body of a truck for free, not buying a wrecked land rover. Please don't offer me 800, I will probably just ignore that.

As it sits now the truck runs and drives, nothing has been pulled. So if you want to hear the motor run I can either take a video, let you hear it over the phone, or you can just swing by and take a look.

I have no idea how to post photos on these things, so please PM me with your email and let me know what you need and ill email a photo. I am parting the vehicle, so if you need some small part or piece just let me know, not just selling whats listed above. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, I am happy to answer them. Thank you and have a nice day!

-Ben

Old 01-08-2015, 09:41 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

Old 01-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

pm sent

Old 01-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Three Wheeling

Does your truck have rear taillight guards? Or rear cargo mat? Also what color is the interior ? Thanks

Old 01-08-2015, 10:45 PM
4wd Low

I don't have taillight guards, and the interior is tan. I do have the stock rear floor guard, but it is pretty well used. I have carried motors and transmissions in the back of it and there are some oil and grease stains. Plus I have dogs and kids.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:22 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ben Walker

I don't have taillight guards, and the interior is tan. I do have the stock rear floor guard, but it is pretty well used. I have carried motors and transmissions in the back of it and there are some oil and grease stains. Plus I have dogs and kids.
pm me your number.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

PM'ed you Ben....

Old 01-09-2015, 08:42 AM
4wd Low

I have a couple people ask about the A pillar covers, so I will add a blurb about those. One was the victim of a tree branch and was never seen again, the other was hit by the corner of the hood in the wreck and is pretty well destroyed.

Another note from questions I have recieved is about the exterior plastics. The AZ is brutal on exterior plastics, so all are at least faded. If there is something there you need I will attempt to remove, but it may fall apart when I do.

Thank you for the interest so far and I believe I have replied to all PMs, but if not please let me know and I will make sure I get back to you.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:35 PM
4wd Low
Default OME Lift

The OME lift has sold. Thank you good sir, I know you will enjoy it!

Old 01-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben Walker
The OME lift has sold. Thank you good sir, I know you will enjoy it!

Thanks! Great dealing with you, can't wait to put it on.