Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2003 D2 SE in Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 01:53 PM
Mudding
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 2003 D2 SE in Missouri

Up for sale is this low mileage 2003 Land Rover Discovery II.
During my ownership, I have performed a lot of updates and maintenance on the vehicle, and it is driven nearly daily. It drives without fault. No shake, no shimmy, and yes, you should be able to drive it home. 2.5" lift kit installed, New ignition coils installed with a coil relocation kit, New Kingsborne ignition wires, New NGK Iridium spark plugs, New rear brake rotors and pads, New inline thermostat, hoses, and clamps, 255/70/R18 tires installed. New in rear, and 50% or better in front, New Discovery I wiper arms and blades (purchase anywhere as opposed to hard to find originals), New Tom Woods front drive shaft installed to provide correct length for added lift, New primary O2 sensors installed, Transmission fluid and filter changed, Ultragauge electronic gauge installed to monitor temp, rpm, mph, and other selectable items. All the heavy lifting has been done! I've spent over $2000 on it. This vehicle has no rust on the body or frame. I have pictures I can email or post as desired. This Land Rover will come with the following NEW spares in the rear of the truck. I bought this stuff thinking it would need it but the time has not arisen yet. New tie rod end, New horn, New front rotors, New front brake pads, New lower intake manifold gasket, New upper intake manifold gasket, New valve cover gaskets, New ignition coils, New plug wires, New heater hoses, Original front driveshaft, Book-How to Live with you Land Rover on a Budget, Atlantic British phone / stereo interface, All factory manuals it originally came with. Full disclosure: I bought this Land Rover after it had been setting for nearly a year following a front end deer hit. The previous owner had replaced the grill, one headlight, put a white hood on it, and gave up trying to find a bumper cover. We test drove it extensively the day we bought it. I had the hood painted, and was looking at installing an aftermarket off road type bumper, but didn't get that far. The back bumper plastic is also cracked on the passenger side. I have followed along on this forum and read all of the do's and dont's on these rigs. There have been no issues with overheating or head gasket problems. I do not know if the head gaskets had been previously replaced. Due to the 180 degree thermostat I installed, it will set a PO126 low engine temp warning on cool mornings. One feature of the Ultragauge is that it will tell you exactly what engine codes (check engine light) you are getting, and you can clear them and go on. This Land Rover does not have nor does it indicate any problems to hinder daily driving. It has been very reliable. I let my son take it to college for a couple of weeks during the horrible winter we had while he was between vehicles. No issues. The rear suspension has had the original air bags replaced with coil springs. The sunroofs are both unplugged and need to have the motors removed and cleaned out and packed with new grease. Not a difficult job, just haven't got around to it. They do not leak. The headliner is sagging down a bit in a few spots. It does leave an oil spot wherever you park it. These are all typical Land Rover attributes. There are 2 small dents. One is up high near the rear door above the taillights, and the other is on one of the sides-very small though. It should probably have the rear O2 sensors replaced at some point. I believe them to be original as the front ones were. They do not affect driveability, though. The drivers seat has a 2" long separation along the seam right where the driver gets in and out. All other seats are in great shape. 112,xxx original miles and that will increase until sold. I have clear title in my name. I have more pictures I can send to someone who is serious about buying this rig. You can pay me any way you want to as long as it is understood up front that the vehicle and title will remain with me until funds have cleared both my bank AND yours. Land Rover is sold as-is where-is with no warranty expressed or implied. It can be stored here under roof for up to 30 days following payment in full at no charge. I will not insure it once it is paid for.

$6000.00 Located in Rosebud, MO.

Last edited by bcurtman; 05-14-2019 at 11:03 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 04-19-2019, 11:24 AM
Mudding

Still available. SLABS ecu has been reprogrammed to coils, so maybe the battery draw issue has been corrected....

Old 05-07-2019, 08:00 AM
Mudding

I can confirm that battery draw issue is corrected!

Price drop to $5500

Old 06-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Mudding

Driving it daily, but itching to buy a new toy. No issues other than an occasional check engine light that is typically O2 or some other non-critical warning that does not affect performance. Air is cold. No battery draw issues. Temp never sees 198. Back is full of spare parts. $5000 FIRM

Old 06-11-2019, 02:52 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where exactly is it leaking oil from? What temperatures does it normally operate at? Thanks, interested.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:47 PM
Mudding

I think it is leaking from the rear main area, but I'm told that is not common and it may be the crucifix seal. Since I changed oil to Rotella 15-40 most of the oil leak has gone away (as suggested by members on here)
It has the thermostat mod and I drive it daily. It runs around 185 most of the time with the AC on.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:14 AM
Mudding

You can't buy one and do all this for $5000.

I have been driving it every day. Interesting trades considered. I'm a jeep guy, perhaps a convertible car, corvette, etc. No bikes.

Old 07-03-2019, 02:24 PM
Mudding

I will listen to offers. Needs to go. I have a new project, and while I drive this nearly every day, I dont have to. If you can ignore the check engine light for emissions related crap like I have learned to, it is a wonderful ride.

Old 09-17-2019, 02:23 PM
Mudding
Default 2003 SE for sale in Missouri

Still driving it daily. Check engine light is still on wanting primary o2 sensors. I removed the ultragauge so it doesnt give me alarms, and i just drive it to death. Had to replace the serpentine belt a few weeks ago. Changed oil to 15w-40 Rotella as suggested and oil leak has lessened. It is almost definitely from the front crank seal in the timing cover. $4500 takes it. Winter is coming. Approaching 115,000 miles now. Nothing else has changed. 573 six one nine, 23 six two. Text is always best, but if you must call, you must leave a message for a call back.

Last edited by bcurtman; 09-17-2019 at 02:26 PM. Reason: miles, phone
Old 10-29-2019, 09:23 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by bcurtman
Still driving it daily. Check engine light is still on wanting primary o2 sensors. I removed the ultragauge so it doesnt give me alarms, and i just drive it to death. Had to replace the serpentine belt a few weeks ago. Changed oil to 15w-40 Rotella as suggested and oil leak has lessened. It is almost definitely from the front crank seal in the timing cover. $4500 takes it. Winter is coming. Approaching 115,000 miles now. Nothing else has changed. 573 six one nine, 23 six two. Text is always best, but if you must call, you must leave a message for a call back.

Looking for offers or interesting trades.

Quick Reply: 2003 D2 SE in Missouri