Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2003 LR Disco (needs T/C) For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2020, 09:58 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2003 LR Disco (needs T/C) For Sale

Vehicle is in Houston, TX. Odometer says 131k, but bill of sale reflects "odometer discrepancy" and has 91k listed.

I really hate to let her go...I bought it in Arizona last month. Had an appointment at the DMV set for next month to get new plates and transfer title (COVID has everything backed up for weeks). Replaced the CPS and fuel pump and It drove great all the way to Houston (en route to Florida for work).

Then, bang! I'm pretty sure the transfer case blew. I've been underneath and all the drive train stuff looks good. It will roll in park, lots of noise coming from the TC when I put her in drive but she won't move unless I put the emergency brake on. Got her to a place where I could legally park.

If I were home I'd fix it and keep her as I do love driving it, but I'm 1,000 miles away from a place where I could work on it and have the tools I need. I can't afford a mechanic right now so I'm screwed.

So sadly, I have to let her go. The engine runs great minus an exhaust leak. It'd make for a great vehicle for a guy who knows how to turn a wrench. My pain is someone else's gain.

I've got $3,000 tied up in her. I know I won't get that back considering the condition, but I won't turn down a reasonable offer. I need to be able to buy some running junker to get me and my gear to FL. I have the bill of sale to me and other paperwork releasing the title to me all notarized.

No reasonable offer refused.!

Last edited by Jason Spelts; 09-01-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-31-2020, 06:00 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,462 Likes on 1,038 Posts

You might want to post interior pictures and mileage, VIN number, that will allow people to look up the history. Someone will likely want it.

Old 09-01-2020, 02:39 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I posted a few more images up. Wish I could have washed her up, but I'm a ways from home and don't want to e-brake drive her unless absolutely necessary.

I thought about the VIN, but figured it'd be safer to only give it out to interested people. Posting it on the internet could lead to shenanigans I don't want.