Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2003 One Owner! Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2003 One Owner! Discovery

One Owner 2003 Epsom Green Alpaca Beige Discovery SE7. My daily driver (12 mile round trip to work), Relatively low miles at 101,000. Factory/dealer installed options when I bought it include: DVD entertainment system includes headphones and remote, wood grain interior panels, picnic trays on back of front seats, extended roof rail on top, factory cross bars, towing electrical adaptor with Land Rover converter cable to flat plug. Has ARB winch bumper installed, tires on stock hurricanes are a good 75%. Known issues – 3 amigos, brake light and SES (Service Engine Soon most people call it the Check Engine Light) lights are on. Leaking coolant at the rate of about a quart a week I top it off every weekend. A few oil drips underneath. The rear chassis is showing signs of rust but it’s not horrendous like a few I’ve seen. Headliner is sagging. Aside from the leaks, this vehicle runs very good and the motor is quiet with no ticking. Transmission shifts smooth. Truck had GBR front driveshaft installed at 75K, new plugs and wires and radiator hoses/thermostat at 90K, new rotors and pads at 90K. Oil changes every 3500 miles, tranny fluid flushed at 60K. Parts that come with the deal include: brand new never installed or used Badlands 12,000lb winch with wireless remote waiting to go in the ARB bumper. New in box Terrafirma 2” lift kit (springs and shocks for front and rear), original Epson Green front bumper, Complete headgasket/valve cover gasket set from Atlantic British, an extra ABS module, a 3 amigos testing module, transmission filter kit and fluid, GBR rear driveline with new Rotoflex, radiator pressure test kit, clutch fan tools, spare alternator and probably more I’m forgetting.
Circumstances for me have changed, my job and college kids are consuming all of my time and I need to downsize in general. If you’re interested in this rig and all the stuff included that you need to get it back into top notch shape, send me a PM. I will post pictures by the weekend, but you guys know what this looks like. I am in Eastern Pennsylvania about an hour north of Philadelphia. This is a great deal for the right person at $3,000. Serious inquiries only please - thank you in advance.

Attached Thumbnails 2003 One Owner! Discovery-disco-front-grill.jpg   2003 One Owner! Discovery-disco-front-left.jpg   2003 One Owner! Discovery-disco-right-side.jpg   2003 One Owner! Discovery-disco-roof.jpg   2003 One Owner! Discovery-disco-dvd.jpg  

2003 One Owner! Discovery-disco-dash.jpg   2003 One Owner! Discovery-disco-engine-bay.jpg   2003 One Owner! Discovery-disco-inspection-stickers.jpg   2003 One Owner! Discovery-disco-rear-right-frame.jpg   2003 One Owner! Discovery-disco-rear-left-frame.jpg  

Last edited by USAroverman; 09-20-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Three Wheeling

Pics added let me know if you want any more details, pics, etc. Thanks.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Where is the coolant leaking from? A quart a week is not a small leak

Old 09-22-2015, 08:28 PM
Three Wheeling

After installing my new radiator hoses and the new thermostat there were leaks. I bought a pressure tester that was great in identifying the loose clamps. After tightening the clamps those obvious leaks were no more. I still noticed green puddles on the ground after sitting. A subsequent pressure test held fine with no leaks......my best guess without further study is the front cover area is leaking based on the leak puddle location and doesn't leak until it gets hot and then cools down ??? If you look in the picture at the engine bay and notice the coolant level.....the level started 7 days before at the seam line and is down to the level in the picture....however much that is is how much it leaks in my 60 mile weekly commute. I fill the reservoir to the seam line on Monday mornings before heading out.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:31 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 One Owner! Discovery

Pm inbound, well I guess not, won't let me send you a message. I am interested in this rover. Please email me, and we can talk. Morghill@triad.rr.com

I'm in North Carolina, thanks. Morgan Hill.

Last edited by Morghill; 09-27-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Three Wheeling

Update - ordered in a new Stant Gas Cap. Service Engine Light Soon is now off. Stock cap was getting really hard to turn and sometimes I couldn't even screw it halfway on. New Cap fits like a glove - highly recommended.

Old 10-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

Very nice looking Disco. Cant believe someone has not jumped on it.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent

Old 10-26-2015, 07:18 PM
Three Wheeling

Hello everyone fixing to schedule a week off for Thanksgiving....... so I can perform the following maintenance.......... pull front cover replace oil pump timing chain and gears, water pump, and all seals and gaskets..... pull intake and replace valley pan gasket. So if I have no takers by 11/7 it will no longer be for sale due to the investment I would be making. I am also setting the price to $2900 at this time.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:46 PM
Three Wheeling

SOLD very happy it went to an enthusiast. Thanks everyone for your interest!