Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2004 7 Passenger Disco II for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014 | 02:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle

That's true also. I guess I'll have to agree with Paul on this one.

Old 05-30-2014 | 03:04 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dane!
I don't get why you'd congratulate him, he's a dick. This greedy bastard sold his truck for more than 5k than its worth to some ignorant guy who, I'm 100% sure, know's nothing about Land Rovers by just the price he paid. He's going to pay at least one grand on repairs at the dealership before he even pays his used car loan off. Why the hell would he get a pat him on the back? He should get a middle finger.

Don't be so mad about it. The guy who bought it is the idiot. The seller is a genius.

Old 05-30-2014 | 03:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Where are your morals? He's a con, not a genius.

Old 05-30-2014 | 03:52 PM
Pro Wrench

Where is the Con? He listed a vehicle for a price. A buyer paid said price. It's not like the buyer couldn't ask the Internet or a shop how much it is worth. Nobody twisted the buyer's arm. And, who knows, it might have been worth every penny.

I often list items I really like, or they are exceptionally clean, at a higher price than the going rate because I personally am not anxious to sell them. If they go for the higher price, then I'll happily give them up, otherwise, I'm happier to keep them. The buyers are obviously happier to pay the higher price to get them.

It seems like maybe some people might be upset they cannot get a higher price for THEIR vehicles.

Old 05-30-2014 | 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SuperSport
Where is the Con? He listed a vehicle for a price. A buyer paid said price. It's not like the buyer couldn't ask the Internet or a shop how much it is worth. Nobody twisted the buyer's arm. And, who knows, it might have been worth every penny.

I often list items I really like, or they are exceptionally clean, at a higher price than the going rate because I personally am not anxious to sell them. If they go for the higher price, then I'll happily give them up, otherwise, I'm happier to keep them. The buyers are obviously happier to pay the higher price to get them.

It seems like maybe some people might be upset they cannot get a higher price for THEIR vehicles.
ah ha. you're the one driving up prices. makes it difficult to finish my art collection
60s Black Velvet Nude Afro Painting Vintage by WaikikiKitsch

Old 05-30-2014 | 04:38 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by dusty1
ah ha. you're the one driving up prices. makes it difficult to finish my art collection
60s Black Velvet Nude Afro Painting Vintage by WaikikiKitsch
Yup, sorry. By the way, how did you get my photo for that painting??? I've got to keep a closer watch on my FaceBook page...

Old 05-30-2014 | 05:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I dunno. Maybe not a con, but at least not honest. Its a Land Rover... I would blame the seller before I would blame the buyer, yeah he should have done his research, but the seller knows what's up. Oh well.

My disco's not getting sold if that's what your referring too, also. It'll end up on its side before then.

Old 05-31-2014 | 10:17 AM
Mudding
Default 04

You can't be mad at a guy for selling something for a more than an informed rational person would pay. If you did you have to hate everyone who ever sold a Defender (I sold a Defender once). I have listed stuff high before to give my self room to negotiate and had some one pay my asking price. If this was at a dealership they would have asked about what this guy did. Congrats on the sale.

Old 06-01-2014 | 06:56 PM
|
4wd Low

I'm a d*ck? How do you figure? Let me correct you on several things. You don't determine what something is worth, the market does and in this case I believe the market has spoken. My '02 Kalahari Edition is (in your book "worth" a few thousand at the most) and I've had people offer me three times that and turned them down. Are they ignorant? Am I still a d*ck? Also, it's a she not a he, this will be their 4th Land Rover they have owned and second current discovery, they are far from ignorant, and she is springing for a PPI at a LR dealership.

You're a "Senior Member", what a joke.

Originally Posted by Dane!
I don't get why you'd congratulate him, he's a dick. This greedy bastard sold his truck for more than 5k than its worth to some ignorant guy who, I'm 100% sure, know's nothing about Land Rovers by just the price he paid. He's going to pay at least one grand on repairs at the dealership before he even pays his used car loan off. Why the hell would he get a pat him on the back? He should get a middle finger.

Old 06-01-2014 | 06:58 PM
|
4wd Low

Why take a dig at someone when you have no idea what you're talking about? She is not an idiot. She's a savvy and informed buyer that has looked at a dozen 2004 DIIs.

Originally Posted by shezm
Don't be so mad about it. The guy who bought it is the idiot. The seller is a genius.

Quick Reply: 2004 7 Passenger Disco II for sale