Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2004 Discovery 2 Westminster Edition Low Miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 02:02 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Discovery 2 Westminster Edition Low Miles

Video of vehicle for sale: http://youtu.be/ta_FCM6dJEA

Offered in very limited-production, just 300 units, the 2004 Westminster Discovery is a treat for the senses.

The Bonatti Grey Metallic finish provides a fitting canvas for the Westminster insignia and the perfect complement for the distinctive 18" alloy wheels.

Strength and elegance surround you in an interior of black leather seating surfaces and a special Foundry finish on the instrument panel fascia. Additional features include heated front seats, heated windshield and premium upgraded sound system that features a harmon/kardon 320-watt stereo system with 11 speakers including an amplified subwoofer.

See below link about the ultra-rare Westminster. I have never seen one of these for sale before.

Discovery IIa WESTMINSTER Limited Edition | The Land Rover Center

Clean Arizona title in hand - no liens.

Vehicle has been in 2 very minor accidents.

Accident 1 - backing out of driveway - snowy day - backed into a large rock that was in the yard. Damage was done to the rear bumper and rear quarter panel. Minor Accident but insurance was used.

Accident 2 - Swerved to miss a kid that was running across the road - jumped the curb. Rim was damaged as well as the front strut. Replaced strut. Minor accident, but insurance was used.

VERY LOW MILEAGE - average 6,800 miles a year

Has the cold weather package with heated seats and electronically heated front windshield

Has a locking differential for extreme off-road / snow capability. This is only available on the 2004 models.

Harmon / Kardon Sound system with multi disc changer.

No Oil or fluid leaks which is almost impossible on a Land Rover! Speaks to the maticulous maintenance.

This is what I have done to mine, recently.

-New BF Goodrich KO2 over sized tires (265/65/18) with road hazard warranty from Discount Tire ($1,700 tires)
-New composite Head Gaskets in March of 2018
-Cylinder Heads remanufactured in March of 2018
-New Radiator in March of 2018
-All new cooling hoses
-New OEM thermostat in March 2018
-100% synthetic engine Oil with Mobile 1 High Performance Oil Filter
-New Front driveshaft
-Differential fluids have been changed with Heavy Duty Oil.
-New Front Wheel Hubs and ABS Sensors
-Flushed and replaced Brake Fluid
-New OEM Water Pump
-New Pully tensioner
-New 70mm & 80mm pully's
-Recent Transmission service with new filter and gasket
-New Rear Brakes
-Replaced headliner at custom upholstery shop
-Old Man Emu Steering Damper
-Off Road / Heavy duty tie rods & Tie rod ends
-Replaced upstream O2 Sensors
-New Valley Gasket
-New Valve Cover Gaskets
-New Serpentine Belt
-New Brake Switch
-New Coolant reservoir and coolant cap
-New OEM Front and rear bumpers
-New Throttle Body Heater plate and gasket
-New Power Steering Pump
-New Climate Control Resistor
-New Coolant Temp Sensor
- New Xenon-style Headlight Bulbs

I have 45 pages of receipts from all the work I've done to this to make my Land Rover stay in pristine condition. I have used the Land Rover to go camping / exploring here in Arizona. Often times I will be more than 75 miles from "civilization" and trust my Land Rover completely.

Land Rovers typically require a lot of maintenance and this Land Rover has received a lot of loving care and have all the receipts to prove it. I have done everything to my Land Rover that seems to be an issue on these. Should be good to go for another 90k miles.

Items that need to be considered:

- Intermittent "3 Amigos".
- Dashboard is slightly warped due to the Arizona sun.
- Lower passenger door has scrape on it.
- Driver's arm rest is cracking
- Rear door handle housing is cracked from the hot Arizona sun. (see pic)
- Paint on drivers left very rear is cracking. Previous owner had a very slight accident(accident 1, listed above) and took it to a repair shop that didnt do a very good repair job (used bond-o). This issue is only on the very rear panel where the tail light attaches. The panel is easily replaceable.(see pic)
- Because the vehicle is so tall, especially with the oversized tires (added 2 inches to the height) washing the roof has proven to be a challenge. There is some minor paint fade on the roof, which you cannot see unless you were to get a ladder on go look. You cannot see it from ground level.
-Typical "wear and tear" of a 14 year old vehicle.

$8,500 located in Chandler, Arizona

Many more photos on craigslist. You can find the ad in the Phoenix section.