Retired - Private For Sale/Trade Classifieds Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Anything for sale by private owner. NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

2004 Discovery HSE - $9,800

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2004 Discovery HSE - $9,800 **SOLD**

Up for sale is the beloved “safari wagon” which has been meticulously maintained all its life and I’m hoping to see it go to someone with the same attention to detail. Originally leased by the first owner, and then scrupulously serviced and only occasionally driven by the second owner as a "beach car," I am now the third owner since January 2018 and have done my best to maintain it the same way. Selling with 128,xxx miles that will continue to increase as it is driven daily. I am selling because I am an avid car enthusiast and while this is the third and best Land Rover I have ever owned, I am starting a new automotive adventure in another direction.

Assembly date of this Discovery was September of 2003, less than a year before production of the model came to a close. Finished in Epsom Green paint over Tundra leather, this top-of-the-line HSE model came with the same features found in mid-range SE models, but with additions such as an in-dash Becker Traffic-Pro navigation system, 320-watt Harman Kardon premium audio, rear air-suspension, and rear park-distance control. Optional equipment includes the Cold Climate Package, consisting of heated front seats and an electronically heated front windscreen. This Discovery DOES have locking center differential but DOES NOT have the 3rd row jump seats.

During my ownership, I have continued to do my best to preserve the original factory specification, with the only modifications being a rear air-to-coil spring suspension conversion, 180-degree thermostat, Bluetooth phone/streaming adapter, and Terrafirma steering damper. My goal is to keep this vehicle as tastefully accessorized as possible, using all period-correct, Land Rover Centre spec accessories. Exterior accessories include modular A-frame brush bar, full-length Safety Devices expedition roof rack with FarmTek flooring, rear access ladder, rear upper taillight guards, chevron tread running boards, and securing, vinyl spare tire cover with the elephant graphic.

Practically everything operates as it should, including all interior and exterior lighting, seats, windows, sunroofs, door locks, mirrors, wipers, A/C system, AM/FM radio, speakers, heated seats/windshield, park distance control, 4WD and ABS systems, Hill Descent Control, and cruise control. The only things currently not functioning are the CD player and navigation system which never bothered me due to the Bluetooth connection, and rear air suspension due to the coil conversion. The frame, including the rear rails that run along the fuel tank, have plenty of surface rust but are solid and would have no problem passing inspection. All original paint and glass have minor scratches and nicks. Oil changes using Rotella T4 15W40 every 5,000 miles during my ownership. Recent work includes new oxygen sensors, spark plugs, power steering pump, ball joints, and rear watts linkage. Tires are stock size 255/55/R18 General Grabber AT2’s with approximately 10,000 miles on them. Extensive maintenance and repair documentation included. Clean Carfax and clear MD title in my name. Vehicle spends time split between Hunt Valley, MD and the Fells Point neighborhood of Baltimore. Text messages can be sent to 443 7I7 35I2. Serious inquiries only please. Thanks for looking.

Last edited by jmayzer; 10-21-2019 at 11:23 AM. Reason: info update
Old 10-10-2019, 05:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 413 Likes on 265 Posts

Wow. I want this. How is the leather inside? Tundra. I don't know if I've ever seen that before.

Old 10-11-2019, 02:48 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

She's CLEAN!!! GLWYS...

Old 10-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Three Wheeling

photos updated

Old 10-15-2019, 12:51 PM
Three Wheeling

Sale pending